Can't make or receive calls on iPhone 5 after upgrading to iOS 10.2.1
mlekht

I updated my iPhone 5 to iOS 10.2.1 last night and can't make or receive calls now. Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't make or receive calls on iPhone 5 after upgrading to iOS 10.2.1
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having issues with making & receiving calls after the software update mlekht. Try resetting the network settings to make sure you're connected to our network. Here is a link with the steps http://vz.to/1KXtokf . Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mlekht

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, resetting network settings didn't help. I still can't make calls and inbound calls go straight to voicemail.

Interestingly, I can access the Internet just fine (even before network reset), the problem appears to be only with the phone.

The Verizon reception meter in upper left corner shows 5 empty circles after I upgraded to iOS 10.2.1 (but Internet still works via LTE). When I make a call the empty circles change to No Service...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mlekht,

Thank you for the helpful information and troubleshooting with us. I am confident that we can get this resolved. Our next best step is to clear it up with the Resetting All of the Settings: https://goo.gl/Sq9PrJ. When the phone turns back on. Test it. Let us know.

RyanC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
mlekht

Hi,

If I reset all settings wouldn't this set my phone back to factory settings and wipe out everything else I installed?

Thanks again for your help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad that you asked in advanced, mlekht. Your device will not be erased if you decide to choose the reset all settings option. We prefer to use a factory reset as a last resort. Before proceeding, please verify if your information is already backed up on either iTunes, iCloud, or Verizon Cloud? Are you getting the same issue when you try to make a FaceTime voice call?

ArnettH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mlekht

Thank you for following up. I was able resolve the problem by removing iOS 10.2.1 from my phone and going back to 10.2. Now everything works fine.

I guess I discovered another 10.2.1 problem...

0 Likes