Can Verizon resend messages to my device?
lbeaumon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was recently traveling abroad and removed my SIM card from my iPhone 5c while I was away. When I put the SIM card back in, I did receive 2 text messages that were sent to me while I was gone, but there were a few that never made it to my device or to my Messages app on my computer. Is Verizon able to resend any message that was sent to my number during the dates that I was gone? I don't want to give my brothers any grief for not wishing me a happy birthday if they did and their messages just never made it Smiley Happy

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can Verizon resend messages to my device?
Snn5
Legend

No, once they are sent, they are not resent unless the sender sends again.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

No, once they are sent, they are not resent unless the sender sends again.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Happy belated birthday, I bet your trip was amazing. Getting messages re delivered is only an option if the original sender re sends the message. We at Verizon do not have the ability to jump in and push or stop any messages from being sent or received. Has it been working normal since your return?

CheriS_VZW
Follow uVZWSupporter @VZWSupport

If my response answereple�Correctkion ple�Correctk the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

lbeaumon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, everything has been working normally since my return, but thought it was worth an ask to see if I could get the messages I missed. Makes total sense though, so thank you for your help!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

lbeaumon wrote:

When I put the SIM card back in, I did receive 2 text messages that were sent to me while I was gone, but there were a few that never made it to my device or to my Messages app on my computer.

You say you have an iPhone. Do you use iMessage or do you have it disabled? You say you had some messages delivered to your desktop Messages app. Is this the Verizon Messages app or in iMessage app? Were the messages you didn't receive from users with Apple devices which use iMessage? THESE messages will NEVER show up in the Verizon Messages app as they go thru Apple's servers, not Verizon's servers. They would ONLY show up on your device or on another Apple device logged into iMessage with the same Apple ID.

Things get confusing when you use iMessage as you can never be sure if the message will be sent/received SMS/MMS or as an iMessage because the person on the other end of the conversation may not be using an Apple device.