Can I go thru the steps of setting up my IPhone 5 tonight and transfer contacts over tomorrow at the store?..since the droid eris without backed up anywhere seems very difficult to transfer myself? Any Ideas?
bcblazer
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I transfer contacts and photos if can to IPhone5 from a (old I know) Droid Eris?  Info is not backed up anywhere just on the phone itself.  Do I have to go to a Verizon store or not guys?  Any Help would be great!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I go thru the steps of setting up my IPhone 5 tonight and transfer contacts over tomorrow at the store?..since the droid eris without backed up anywhere seems very difficult to transfer myself? Any Ideas?
TomCat03
Contributor - Level 3

Do you have Backup Assistant? You can download "VZ Contact Transfer" App on your iphone and then sync your contact list that way. If not, you can sign up for backup assistant now and load your contacts and download via VZ Contact Transfer. If you don't want to do all that work the store could do it tomorrow.

0 Likes
Re: Can I go thru the steps of setting up my IPhone 5 tonight and transfer contacts over tomorrow at the store?..since the droid eris without backed up anywhere seems very difficult to transfer myself? Any Ideas?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The DROID Eris wasn't compatible with the Verizon Wireless Backup Assistant.

Are your contacts saved to your Google account? You can sync those contacts into itunes or something.

If not, open the People application and press the menu button. There is an option to export to SD card. It might be under a "more" option.

Once the contacts are exported, turn off the phone and remove the back cover and the SD card. Use a card reader and a file explorer on the computer to view the files on the SD card. Look for a VCF file in the root of the SD card. Copy that file and use it to sync your contacts through itunes.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I hope you're already enjoying your new phone bcblazer! Ann154 had a great suggestion for using your Google account to sync your contacts between the Eris and the iPhone 5. Since your Droid already backs up contacts and calendar information to your Gmail account, Google's Mobile Sync will allow you to set the same Gmail account up with your iPhone and sync it right over. http://www.google.com/mobile/sync

The good news is that you don't have to go searching for a memory card reader for your phone to be able to bring your pictures from the SD card to the computer. Simply put the Eris into USB Mass Storage Mode http://bit.ly/SEJzHC to turn your Eris into the memory card reader and transfer the pictures to your computer. Then, you can sync the content to iTunes and your iPhone http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1386.

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes