Can I disable iMessage for only certain contacts?
shaynanator

Context:  I like to be able to track which friends my son is texting with.  I cannot do that, without taking his phone and trusting he hasn't deleted messages, when he uses iMessage.  However, I don't want to turn the feature off altogether because I still want to be able to use iMessage when he and I are communicating.

Is there any way to do this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there a way to disable iMessage for only certain contacts?
Eadur
Contributor - Level 3

1. I could be wrong, but I do not believe that there is a way to do that. Mainly, what you can turn off, he can turn back on again, when you are not around. I have read posts here where a parent want to prevent one of their children from doing this or that with his or her phone. Yet the child is able to by-pass or go around what the parent wants or done. In short, sometimes the parent just has to take the phone away at times, and return it back to him or her at other times.

2. So I wish you the best of luck, and I hope that someone else can tell you how to do track which friends your son is texting with.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Is there a way to disable iMessage for only certain contacts?
Eadur
Contributor - Level 3

1. I could be wrong, but I do not believe that there is a way to do that. Mainly, what you can turn off, he can turn back on again, when you are not around. I have read posts here where a parent want to prevent one of their children from doing this or that with his or her phone. Yet the child is able to by-pass or go around what the parent wants or done. In short, sometimes the parent just has to take the phone away at times, and return it back to him or her at other times.

2. So I wish you the best of luck, and I hope that someone else can tell you how to do track which friends your son is texting with.

0 Likes