Can I activate an iPhone 5 with a sim card from an HTC One M8?
mhendrickson
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey guys! I need a little help here!! So I've had my M8 for almost a year, and I'm starting to get irritated with android. Almost all of my friends have iPhones and I'm starting to like them more than my HTC, ivs had about 4 other androids and I want to make the switch! So I'm picking up a 16gb iPhone 5 for Verizon off of eBay and need to know how to activate it. Does it take the same sim card as my M8? It's a nano sim.. And when I insert the sim, do I still need to call *228 or does it automatically update my account with information about the phone??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Activation from HTC One M8 to an iPhone 5
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mhendrickson - You've come to the right place to address your device switch inquiry. I'm here to help. The iPhone 5 does indeed take a nano SIM and may work from your HTC device. I say may because the M8 uses a NFC based nano SIM and if that service was ever activated on your M8 it may trigger an error message by the iPhone 5 since it's not NFC capable. Either way, we provide the SIM cards free at our corporate store and if a new one is needed it can be provided to you there once you've received your iPhone. Hope this helps!

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mhendrickson - You've come to the right place to address your device switch inquiry. I'm here to help. The iPhone 5 does indeed take a nano SIM and may work from your HTC device. I say may because the M8 uses a NFC based nano SIM and if that service was ever activated on your M8 it may trigger an error message by the iPhone 5 since it's not NFC capable. Either way, we provide the SIM cards free at our corporate store and if a new one is needed it can be provided to you there once you've received your iPhone. Hope this helps!

EbonyR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

mhendrickson
Enthusiast - Level 1

I mean, I've used NFC before for AndroidPay and to transfer files to and from my device with my laptop. Will that have an effect on it? And is there a charge for a new sim card at the corporate store?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mhendrickson, transferring from one type device to another can be a daunting task. I understand wanting to make sure you will have a smooth transition. There is no charge to get a new sim card if you go to a corporate store. You can find the nearest store location here http://vz.to/1GL06h5. When transferring information from an Android to an iPhone may not be compatible.

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You will need to setup your voicemail again since the Apple iPhones use a different voicemail (Apple servers) system then the rest of the Verizon phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes