Calls from random numbers - shortly after activation
stufaro

Hi all,

I just got an iPhone 5s for work.  About an hour after activation I got a call from someone with the same area code as me, but it was obvious they were calling looking for someone else.

Throughout the day -- and the next 3 days -- I have continued to get calls from random numbers with the same area code.

Finally one lady stayed on the line long enough to tell me that she was trying to reach a certain number, which was a landline, and that this is a number she calls regularly and has programmed into her phone.  She gave me the number she was trying to reach, and it was not my number.  I told her I got multiple calls like this from all different people, all asking for different people. She said she was trying to call her friend's house, and that none of the names I gave her (that other callers had asked for had) resided there.  It sounds like calls to multiple different numbers are being redirected to me.

How are these calls being redirected to me?  And short of getting a new number, is there anything that I can do about it?

Thanks... Smiley Happy

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Calls from random numbers - shortly after activation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello stufaro, let's solve this mystery! It sounds like someone has activated call forwarding on their phone and have accidentally made the calls route to your number instead of to another line if they input the number incorrectly. I'm sorry to say that only the other user can deactivate the call forwarding from their phone. The next best solution would indeed be to change your number if the calls are frequent.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter@VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Calls from random numbers - shortly after activation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello stufaro, let's solve this mystery! It sounds like someone has activated call forwarding on their phone and have accidentally made the calls route to your number instead of to another line if they input the number incorrectly. I'm sorry to say that only the other user can deactivate the call forwarding from their phone. The next best solution would indeed be to change your number if the calls are frequent.

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes