Brand New Iphone 5c can't send or receive text messages of any kind!? I've tried everything, why does no one have a solution for this? There's no way we're keeping a phone that can't even perform one of it's most basic functions. Help!
ldkallday

Got the new Iphone 5c from Verizon today and was really happy with the phone until we realized it is unable to send or recieve text messages AT ALL. We've tried everything, searched the internet for hours, I've tried live chatting with Verizon and Apple ALL DAY and somehow keep getting "disconnected" even though my internet is working perfectly. The phone is pretty much useless if it's unable to perform one of it's main functions and it's really dissapointing to add a line, get the phone, only to discover a major problem with seemingly no solution whatsoever. Is there any fix for this? Because a phone that is incapable of sending or receiving a simple SMS message is pretty much useless. It's too bad too because I really love the phone if not for that. Does anyone have a legitimate way to solve this problem? We've done everything, network resets, turning imessaging on and off, factory reset, etc. etc. etc. and nothing works. Please help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Brand New Iphone 5c can't send or receive text messages of any kind!? I've tried everything, why does no one have a solution for this? There's no way we're keeping a phone that can't even perform one of it's most basic functions. Help!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Idkallday!

I know your device sends and receives text messages! Let's get to work on this! Did you port your service from another carrier, or is this a new number? Is your previous device still powered on?
I also want to ask if you are able to use iMessaging, and if you see any error message when sending?
Please test it by sending a message to your own mobile number, and keep us posted!

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes