Backup using Verizon Cloud, iCloud, or both?
JHA123
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please bear with a new smartphone user. Before I converted to my new iPhone 5C, I did go through the Verizon Cloud setup on the website, and used V-cloud to load my new phone with contacts...  I also seem to have used iCloud to backup music and pictures, but have since changed that to backup my iTunes pics and music to my computer.   I still have V-cloud active - but set to only backup on WIFI and not use cellular data...     This seems to take forever, i think the phone goes to sleep and can no longer connect to WIFI.   I suppose I could set my phone to not lockup and complete the V-cloud backups?

Can someone smarter than me (and smarter than my smartphone) please advise on what is best way to backup data given that I can backup to V-Cloud, iCloud, and also my computer via iTunes?    Maybe periodically doing all 3 methods is best, but what is truly the best practice?

Also please advise on best way to get any cloud work initiated by the phone (and not my computer) to complete, while on WIFI?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Backup using Verizon Cloud, iCloud, or both?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JHA123,

Congratulations on the new smartphone. The iPhone 5C is a great device! When it comes to backing up your content on your device it is up to you to choose which backup process works best for you. All three backup options back up the same content on your phone so it is just best to choose which option is easiest for you to use. When your iPhone is idle and goes to sleep it has been know to disconnect from the wifi which can effect a phone backing up with V-Cloud. I hope this helps!

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Also keep in mind if you ever intend to change devices to another OS, iCloud is not compatible with any other OS.

JHA123
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you - was looking for "best practices" by others - I know I can do any of the options I listed.

To keep the backup running fulltime when on WIFI, what is best way to keep phone active so it doesn't sleep/lock up ?

My assumption is to go to SETTINGS/GENERAL/AUTO-LOCK and select "NEVER"....

Is that best way to assure phone does not "sleep"?

0 Likes