Re: Anyone who activated iPhone 5 on upgrade line and tried to switch to another line and got a 24 hour wait?
nothingshocking

It's been over 72 hours and I still have a "pending order" status on my iphone 5 line that I want to switch.  So I can't do anything nor has Verizon been able to do anything when I called.

0 Likes
Re: Anyone who activated iPhone 5 on upgrade line and tried to switch to another line and got a 24 hour wait?
yr2615
Contributor - Level 1

Maybe at this point it would be best to get another SIM card from Apple or Verizon.

72 hours is a long time for it to be pending.

0 Likes
dewdst

So I tried to activate @ 7am -- 24hrs after deactivating online using myverizon = FAIL

Tried a few times throughout the day with no luck.  Finally called VZW asked for Senior tech support -- they were able to do it online.  They said it must of been an issue with going from a 3g device to 4g device for the first time.  Either way finally I'm up and running.  Hope everyone gets theirs going as well!

0 Likes
nothingshocking

Tried that and failed as well. They said they couldn't do anything until the phone is out of "Pending Status".  Same answer over the phone as well and they do not know why it is still in pending status after this long.  Getting pretty burnt out as well because it won't even let me cancel and return the phone.

0 Likes
yr2615
Contributor - Level 1

Glad you finally got it activated. It's so pathetic that people got their phones DAYS ago and couldn't use it.

I went from 3G to 4G as well and I got mine on 21 hours after deactivation. Verizon just tells us whatever sounds good. They're guessing just as we are.

0 Likes
dewdst

nothingshocking, did you

1) activate the iPhone 5 on the line you used to upgrade with.  Use it for a few hrs on that line

2) deactivate it by putting some other phone (i.e the last phone that was on that line prior to buying the iphone5) back on to that line.

3) wait 24hrs after the deactivating.  The sim needs to "AGE" for 24 hrs before it can be moved around to other lines, wait till preferably after 7am eastern time following the 24 hr period. Try to activate iPhone 5 on the intended line you want to use...  if it doesn't work still via myverizon website inputting MEID and Sim#  CALL VERIZON they have to do it, for some reason it doesn't work on the website

Let me know how you make out

BTW the pending status thing could be that when you activated it on the line used for upgrade...you never actually turned it on and used it first (which finalizes activation).  When i first loaded up my iPhone 5 via myverizon it showed for my phone # the iPhone 5 and said pending order.    After turning on the iPhone and using the device the " pending status" on myverizon website went away....thats when i played with it for a little, then deactivated the iPhone off that line to begin my 24 hr wait....

0 Likes
billpa

I had same problem with same response from verizon 800 number over the weekend. I called local store today and he switched it to my number without having to do any of the other waits.

0 Likes