Re: Anyone who activated iPhone 5 on upgrade line and tried to switch to another line and got a 24 hour wait?
yr2615
Contributor - Level 1

iDroid, I just activated my phone about 30 minutes ago. I then tried to switch it to another line online but was confused by the note that said the SIM would be deactivated in 90 days. Not wanting to mess stuff up, I canceled my attempt and called instead. The rep, Tara, told me that it's good I didn't try to switch the lines online because it is messing stuff up due to the whole 24-hour SIM card issue. She told me to wait until the same time tomorrow and call them to make the switch. I've never heard of this 24-hour thing before. But I guess I have no other choice but to wait. Really lame situation.

0 Likes
Re: Anyone who activated iPhone 5 on upgrade line and tried to switch to another line and got a 24 hour wait?
jborchelt

You can change phone numbers....I just did it. Just get the right phone agent.

0 Likes
yr2615
Contributor - Level 1

I'm in the same boat here. I just fear that come tomorrow, I still won't be able to switch it to the other line. They're probably telling everyone to wait 24 hours just to buy themselves some time to figure all this crap out! Lol

yr2615
Contributor - Level 1

iDroid, can you update us ASAP tomorrow? You'll know a lot sooner than I will if that 24-hour timeframe is hogwash or not.

0 Likes
MACHINE101
Enthusiast - Level 3

A techy named David helped me out by swapping my newly added line over to an old phone. As for my I5, it is active but no service. They told me to go to my local corporate store and get a new nano sim installed. Apparently our pre-installed nano sims are synced to the designated lines intended for. But anyways, I went to my local verizon store and they did not have any. So I have to wait till tomorrow and get another nano sim installed. This sucks...

0 Likes
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

Where you getting the new card?

0 Likes
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

I will try again after 12am then again after the activation 24 hours and keep you updated along the way

0 Likes
TomCat03
Contributor - Level 3

You don't need to get another SIM card. I had the same issue. Called for the same reason and they switched the SIM ID over to the designated line I intended for the iphone5. The 2nd lady I spoke to said I needed to replace the SIM card but then read over notes and saw the 1st guy I spoke to did the switch over the phone and the transfer was in "pending" status. Due to this, it may be up until midnight for the activation to take effect. Important this is to make sure at least your old phone is turned off. You can confirm when this has taken place by logging into your My Verizon - Get Upgrade Status. Your iphone5 will show once it is activated. This is the process I went through and all was activated 2 hours after i spoke to VZW

MACHINE101
Enthusiast - Level 3

My local verizon store, a manager said they would be getting some in tomorrow. I hope that is true because all I can do with my I5 right now is use the wifi!!!

0 Likes
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

Anyone that got there phone activated after they said it would be 24 hours was the iPhone 5 active on the first line you activated on before you got it activated on the second line or did you de activate from first line and have it just connected to WIFI no cellular network?

0 Likes