Re: Anyone who activated iPhone 5 on upgrade line and tried to switch to another line and got a 24 hour wait?
Olivia
Enthusiast - Level 3

I bought mine in verizon store. They activated it on the NEW number. I want to switch to my number to keep my unlimited. They said I have to call customer service, get a new sim card, then I can switch. Customer service basically agreed and said I would get one Monday. Well the shipping info says Tuesday so basically I have to wait till then to switch?

I have tried several time online to just switch it myself, but I keep getting this error, "Our records indicate you recently purchased a device for this line of service but have not activated it yet.  You have the option to proceed with your device swap after you have activated your new device, or you may contact Customer Service at (800) 922-0204 for further assistance."

Okay tried something different. I tried to activate it using the IMEI/MEID number on the back of the iphone box onto my droid razr number. It acted like it was going to work. This is what came up:

Thank you! Your new device is 4G-enabled and requires a SIM Card. Your current SIM Card is not compatible with your 4G device.

You are requesting to change from a 4G device to a 4G device.

Then I clicked on activate my sim card and it told me it could not be activated and to call customer service.

0 Likes
Re: Anyone who activated iPhone 5 on upgrade line and tried to switch to another line and got a 24 hour wait?
radnj1972
Enthusiast - Level 3

I received that message too but since I activated directly on the verizon web site and the message said successful I Figured that was just the default and continued through it. I've been using the device on the correct phone # and account since last night with no issues.. No new sim cards and no waiting 24-48 hours! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
radnj1972
Enthusiast - Level 3

no spaces. Just the numbers...

0 Likes
napereira
Enthusiast - Level 3

I didn't do any spaces but it cuts off the last 4 numbers.. strange.

0 Likes
radnj1972
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is the serial # of the phone as well as the SIM card #. that's two different numbers that have to be entered. I may have forgotten to state that in my long ramble. First screen would be the MEID # that can be found on the iphone5 box then afterwards it talks about a SIM card # and when you hit next it will ask you for that..  Be sure you copied the SIM card # right.. it's exactly 20 digits with a lot of zero's Smiley Happy

0 Likes
napereira
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah I tried the MEID and said I needed to call them up for activation.  Thanks for your help anyway!

0 Likes
Olivia
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yea I didn't activate it directly like that. It was activated in store first. My old phone still working.

0 Likes
yr2615
Contributor - Level 1

Not wanting to wait until 6pm today, I tried activating online this morning.  All seemed to be going fine, it accepted the MEID and SIM numbers, even let me keep my unlimited plan, but at the final step when I hit the submit button, I got the message that my request could not be completed.  No reason given.  I tried two more times since then, same message.  So I called and the very nice but very unhelpful rep said it was still in the 24 hour aging period and to try at 6pm when the 24 hours has passed.  In the meantime I might keep trying online.  This whole experience has been really disheartening.  Kind of puts a damper on the excitement of getting a new Apple product. 

0 Likes
yr2615
Contributor - Level 1

I just tried, to no avail.  I get a message that my request could not be completed.  I called and the rep once again told me to wait until the 24 hours has passed.

0 Likes
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

Woke up in the AM clicked on activate device punched in the ID # and sim card # picked which line I wanted it on accepted the data plan and it was activated on the new line finally!!