Re: Anyone received damaged, chipped or scratched iPhone 5?
alienquattro

QWQ512 wrote:

I went to a Verizon store and they told me to call *611 the phone rep told me they will ship me a brand new phone on 10/19 or before. They said once I received my new phone to just send my old one back, I think I am going to wait in hope that by next month apple fixes the scuffing issue.

Did you have to pay again though?

0 Likes
LSglock89
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called *611 and was told to take it to a Verizon store, so they can check out the damage to make sure it wasn't "user damage." Based on where mine is, I don't see how they could quantify that it was.

I guess they made a notation on my account that I called in about it. The woman said they should be able to work out something if they think its an actual defect. We will see. I'll try this before drive 130 miles back and forth to the Apple Store.

0 Likes
dustmal

Has anyone received a phone in the last couple of days that was damaged. I just spoke with a Verizon rep on chat who said that Verizon hasn't had any phones returned because of damage. 

What's the deal. Is their rep purposely trying to mislead me, or is she just ignorant of what's going on?

0 Likes
MKarias
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dustmal, it could be either.  At this point, it is no longer an isolated issue.  When I first called, the rep had no clue but I called on 9/21, when it launched so people were just receiving theirs.  At this point, I would call back and speak to someone else.  If they claim they have not heard of this, I would kindly refer them to Google it as this is all over the Internet and the news.  Also, Verizon is well aware of this.  Good luck.  If you have an Apple store near you, it is best to go there and see if they can exchange it.  Dealing with Verizon is like dealing with a government agency.  Lots of b.s. bureaucracy.

0 Likes
HCGoncalves
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had my phone down on the table and on the edge of the glass next to the speaker ... only seen on the right angle you can see there was a flaw in the cutting of the glass... Now normally I would not make an issue about this but I did pay retail price so I am going to wait and see what to do... Its not noticeable and  honestly I could get another one and maybe be something worst...

0 Likes
LSglock89
Enthusiast - Level 2

So over the past couple days, I called Apple and they told me to either see an Apple store or talk to Verizon. Well the nearest Apple Store was 66 miles away.

I ended up calling Verizon. They told me to bring it to a VZW Store. The guy at the store was really nice and understood the issue and said it would bug the crap out of him. He said he would warranty replace the device no problem, but he has no stock and wouldn't for 30 days. His suggestion was to take it to Apple in Columbus, Ohio because they do have replacement stock.

Well just so happened my friends needed to go to Columbus this weekend so we made a road trip out of it.

I made a Genius Bar appointment for 1:30pm today. I got there early...around 1:00 and they were pretty swamped. But someone came to see me at 1:10 and I had a new device, activated and own my way by 1:18pm.

alienquattro

Just to give you all an update. I went to the Apple Store and they replaced it with no problems a few days ago. Great service. No hassle, unlike Verizon. It didn't cost me anything but an appointment with the Genius Bar. Smiley Happy I recommend that you do the same.

0 Likes
MKarias
Enthusiast - Level 2

Glad to hear.  I did get a credit from VZW for returning the phone back.  However, now the phones are all sold out.  VZW and the Apple Store in NYC have none.  It maybe 3 - 4 weeks until they ship.  This sucks!  I guess I should have taken it to the Apple store that Monday. 

0 Likes
alienquattro

Bummer to hear but it's cool that you were able to get a credit. Hopefully, things will work out better the next time around.

0 Likes
iPhoneNerd
Contributor - Level 1

im pretty sure, it can be returnable through apple store as well. As far as i know, the genius bar is replacing the iPhone

0 Likes