Re: Anyone received damaged, chipped or scratched iPhone 5?
MKarias
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are multiple sites reporting this.  It is a shame

0 Likes
MKarias
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I called, the rep said that I had to send it back to Verizon.  They will issue a credit and i can buy at the store which is better.  I do not want to wait until they ship a new one plus I can inspect it at the store.  Verizon Wireless/Apple should compensate everyone who has experience this. 

It is unacceptable.  Its like buying a brand new car and there is a dent on the side.  However the dealer is stating that they have to inspect it and will give you a credit 1 - 2 weeks later.  Any brand new item should not have defects.  One does not pay top dollar for damaged goods even if it is cosmetic.

0 Likes
Jcr918

I was able to get a swap at the Apple store. I would suggest anyone with scratches or dints do the same.  My exchanged phone was perfect. I think Apple knew about this and had phones on stand by 

0 Likes
LSglock89
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a tiny chip on the back aluminum part...where it meets the top black portion. It is tiny, but its still a chip. There is also dust or something inside the camera lens. I have had my phone since release day and it immediately went in a case and has not been dropped. I just took it out to look at the device and make sure the case was doing its job.

I called Apple about the issues and they said since I ordered it through Verizon, I have to talk to them about it. I ordered it online from Verizon. What is the best course of action? Should I take it to a Verizon store or an Apple Store. The nearest Apple Store is 60 miles in one direction.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

yes, it is

0 Likes
alienquattro

LSglock89 wrote:

I have a tiny chip on the back aluminum part...where it meets the top black portion. It is tiny, but its still a chip. There is also dust or something inside the camera lens. I have had my phone since release day and it immediately went in a case and has not been dropped. I just took it out to look at the device and make sure the case was doing its job.

I called Apple about the issues and they said since I ordered it through Verizon, I have to talk to them about it. I ordered it online from Verizon. What is the best course of action? Should I take it to a Verizon store or an Apple Store. The nearest Apple Store is 60 miles in one direction.

I have the same exact problem. There is a chip on the back aluminum and there is dust (something white) inside the camera lens screen. What did you end up doing about this? I'm thinking about going to the Apple Store because Verizon has been nothing but hell about it. They told me that I'd have to pay for a new phone and wait for a return, or go to the store (and of course all are out of stock). Please let me know what you're doing about this situation.

Also, to the others, does going to the Apple Store seem to be the best solution? I have a 64MB iPhone and I'm pissed off.

0 Likes
LSglock89
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well...Im probably going to go to the nearest Apple Store...which is 60+ miles one way...Im more concerned about the stuff underneath the lens...the chip doesn't concern me as much, but it still is annoying.

Everyone seems to be going to the Apple Store...

0 Likes
alienquattro

Jcr918 wrote:

I was able to get a swap at the Apple store. I would suggest anyone with scratches or dints do the same.  My exchanged phone was perfect. I think Apple knew about this and had phones on stand by 

So you were able to bring in your Verizon (pre-ordered/pre-payed) iPhone 5 into an Apple Store for an exchange with not problems?

0 Likes
alienquattro

LSglock89 wrote:

Well...Im probably going to go to the nearest Apple Store...which is 60+ miles one way...Im more concerned about the stuff underneath the lens...the chip doesn't concern me as much, but it still is annoying.

Everyone seems to be going to the Apple Store...

Ditto, please keep me posted on your progress of if you had any problems. I'm planning on going tomorrow. However, I'm worried that they might be out of stock, which could lead back to square one.

0 Likes
LSglock89
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, Im worried about stock too, I'd hate to make a trip and it be worthless. But that is about as productive as Verizon would be from the sounds of it.

0 Likes