Anyone having trouble with this phone and their in car bluetooth? Calls dropping not recognizing the device. Had the car bluetooth reset at dealer. They said it is a common problem with the iPhone?
sstaylor2001

Bluetooth in car is not recognizing my device and when it does it will only stay connected about 5 minutes.   Blue tooth has been reset at the dealer. They said it is very common with the iPhone? The car is a 2014 Toyota Highlander.  This is very very frustrating as I have a 45 minute commute to work and do not want to have to hold my phone.... Thank you for any help.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone having trouble with this phone and their in car bluetooth?  Calls dropping not recognizing the device.  Had the car bluetooth reset at dealer. They said it is a common problem with the iPhone?
Not applicable

I guess it depends on the cars connection. I have two iPhone 5s and they connect perfectly to the uconnect system on my Chrysler.

My wife's LG G2 connects perfectly as well.

Its always better to blame all iphones. Maybe what they meant was iphones and Toyota's?

Usually an update from the dealership can fix the issues.

You could also remove the profile from the car and set it up as brand new. Just a few suggestions.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: Anyone having trouble with this phone and their in car bluetooth?  Calls dropping not recognizing the device.  Had the car bluetooth reset at dealer. They said it is a common problem with the iPhone?
sstaylor2001

I have already done all of that.  It still doesn't work. My husband has the same phone and a 2013 toyota and his is fine. Toyota told me it is the brand new cars and the new apple update.  Need to figure something out.  This phkne is useless now and I've had a iPhone for 5 years

0 Likes
Not applicable

sstaylor2001 wrote:

I have already done all of that.  It still doesn't work. My husband has the same phone and a 2013 toyota and his is fine. Toyota told me it is the brand new cars and the new apple update.  Need to figure something out.  This phkne is useless now and I've had a iPhone for 5 years

Wow you would think the newer car is just an updated version of what your husbands has.

I wonder if your husbands car was updated to the same connect system if his would not connect?

Does your husbands phone work because he does not have the new iOS from Apple?

Can he hook to your connect system in the car?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sstaylor2001 I can certainly understan  wanting to get this bluetooth up and running if you have a 45 mintue commute each day. Safety is always first and we want to help make sure this function on the phone is working properly for you. You have reached the right place for help with getting the bluetooth working. Are you having any problems with the iPhone connecting to bluetooth with any other devices? Is your husbands phone able to connect to your car without any problems? What you can do is update the network settings on your phone by following the steps in this link http://vz.to/1ovdCBD Let us know how it turns out.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Anyone having trouble with this phone and their in car bluetooth? Calls dropping not recognizing the device. Had the car bluetooth reset at dealer. They said it is a common problem with the iPhone?
sstaylor2001

I have tried that as well.  The next step is getting a replacement phone.  I probably will be doing that on my lunch today.  My husbands phone works just fine.  Its just mine.  I am sure apple is doing updates so it won't work with most bluetooth systems with the pending apple carplay.  If a new phone doesn't work I will have to try a android phone.  I am not sure.

0 Likes
Re: Anyone having trouble with this phone and their in car bluetooth? Calls dropping not recognizing the device. Had the car bluetooth reset at dealer. They said it is a common problem with the iPhone?
Bea1

We have a new 2014 Highlander.  My husband has an iphone 5 and I had a Samsung galaxy 3.  One time the phone read a message out loud and never did it again.  We took it back to the dealer who could not get either of our phones to work.  After several miserable weeks with my husband trying to fix it, Toyota trying we finally decided to get a new phone.  Today I purchased a Samsung galaxy 5 and it paired up instantly  and seems to be working just fine.  I have read on other blogs that the iphones seems to have trouble pairing up.  I'm hoping that the new phone continues to work and I have no further problems with the email and messaging functions.  I love the Highlander and was happy to have that feature.  Hope this info helps.

0 Likes