Anyone able to transfer their iPhone 5 to another line?
black562

Hearing stories of stores refusing to do this left and right...how can they refuse?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone able to transfer their iPhone 5 to another line?
meganshiree129
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had this problem this morning. They arent getting in the nano sims to do it. And if you call CSR you get 10000000 different answers. I pulled a few strings and got the last nano sim held at my local store. But there was only one store in a reasonable distance that received very many extras and was willing to give them out if need be.

0 Likes
court8

I just tried to do this. I called and spoke to a rep. Didn't turn my new iphone on or anything before. At first he tried to tell me that the new one had to be activated on the line I ordered it on for a full day, but I said that I couldn't do that because that's my family member's number and she needs to be able to use her own phone for the day. Finally, he activated the phone on the line I upgraded with and then about a minute later he reactivated her old phone on her line. Then he told me I had to wait 24 hours and call back at the same time tomorrow and then they could activate it on my own number. Seems strange and I'm kind of mad because I called so many times the past couple weeks just making sure it wouldn't be a problem to switch the numbers once I got the phone and they assured me if I just called right when I got the phone they could do it for me easily.

He also asked me if I received a sim with the phone or if it was already installed in the phone. Since I didn't see anything resembling a sim card in the box I assumed that it must be in the phone?

0 Likes
blurayfreak
Enthusiast - Level 3

24 hours?!? That makes no sense to me at all. My phone is due to arrive in about an hour and now I'm more confused than ever...LOL. I'm wondering if I should immediately just drive the new iPhone to my local Verizon store before I do anything at all with it. Yikes.

How many responses have we seen this week from Verizon reps telling us how "simple" it would be to activate on a different line?

0 Likes
klypse

I just bought my phone at the subsidized price from Verizon, however, I was unable to activate it today. I did pre-order the phone but I decided to cancel it and wait in line to minimize complications of pre-registered sim cards.

According to them, the computers are AUTOMATICALLY setting up plans for customers in order to minimize faults on the employees. Whatever the reason, I was not able to switch my iPhone 5 to my active line today. Finally when a solution was made, they were sold out of the nano sim card I need to activate my phone.

I have to wait until a restock of a nano sim card and have it activated on my unlimited line, and I don't know when that will be. I'm just happy I have the phone on hand.

0 Likes
court8

It honestly makes no sense. I don't understand what will change in 24 hours if the iphone is just sitting here not hooked up to any phone number. I'm wondering if I should go to the store right now and see if they can set it up.

I called so many times beforehand to make sure it would be easy to activate on a different line and they all told me it would. So annoying.

0 Likes
wgriffiths2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yea I am having the same issue.  I spoke yesterday to a Verizon rep and she told me all I had to do was Activate the Iphone 5 on the line I upgraded and they call them or go to My Verizon and switch it.  So what do I do, I activate it like I was told to and what happens when I cant switch it through My Verizon and call Verizon, they tell me I have to wait 24 hours after I activate.  Thats fine and dandy.  No big deal there.  So I decided to call once more after reading what everyone else is saying and I get another person who says I have to wait for a new nano sim card and that Verizon doesnt have them yet.  Sounds like Verizon is a little unprepared for this.  Its ridiculous the different answers you get from these reps at Verizon.  Dont get me wrong, they can be very helpful at times but Now I cant really use my Iphone 5 because I have to wait for a new nano sim card.  Its absolutely obsurd for them not to have extras in stock knowing dang well this was going to happen. Sorry I had to vent a little as I was very much so looking forward to enjoying my phone.  Thanks Verizon. 

0 Likes