Re: Activating iPhone 5 to a different number on family plan
ash67

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I want to make sure that I activate the phone properly, but when do you accept the terms and conditions of the new contract? I will be transferring my upgrade to keep my current plan, and I don't want to mess up.

0 Likes
Drinkie46
Enthusiast - Level 2

UPDATE - had a Twitter response from @VZWsupport saying I can go to any corporate store, defined as an owned store not one of those franchise stores, and get a replacement sim - the quality of service and difference of response from so many people associated to Verizon is staggeringly bad

0 Likes
napereira
Enthusiast - Level 3

Who knows.  The rep told me that I needed a new SIM and never mentioned anything about a 24 hour limit as the problem.

0 Likes
tomatoketchup

That's the initial answer I got too.  So I actually went to a Verizon store, and the higher ups at the store told me that in 24 hours the SIM wouldn't be an issue anymore.  I'm gonna try the swap tomorrow morning, and if it doesn't work I may return this phone simply out of spite.  This really should not be this complicated.

0 Likes
arenee75

Do not turn your phone on!! Log on to My Verizon and click on the activate or switch device link.  Choose which line you want your Iphone 5 activated on. You will need to enter the IMEI # and the sim card #( ICCID #).  Both can be found on your receipt.  That is it!!  Don't call Verizon! They told me twice that I needed to activate the phone on the original # that I ordered the phone on, wait 24 hours call back and they could switch it over to my phone #.

0 Likes
bryann9182

Where did you order yours from? Any chance apple attaches the number to the nano sim before activation or is that not possible?

0 Likes
jgdmfc

I just got this done at home took about 45 minutes total time.

I first called the activation number in the Iphone5 box, and accepted the terms. But then the only options to select are 1) activate on my number  - which I did not want to do - or 2) activate later. I hung up and called *611 from my other Verizon cellphone. Took about 15 minutes waiting to talk to someone, then they made the changes in the system to put the phone on my other number.

As others have said, if you want this phone on a different number than the order says, DO NOT activate it like they tell you to in the box.

0 Likes
arenee75

I ordered mine from Verizon.

0 Likes
bryann9182

Tempted to try this. The fact that no one is really getting a solid answer on how to properly do this is starting to make me a bit uncomfortable..

0 Likes
yr2615
Contributor - Level 1

Me too, but I'm worried ill screw stuff up even worse. The rep I talked to said not to mess with the online activation/switching. How bout you be the guinea pig and report back your findings? : )

0 Likes