wi-fi connection and receiving calls/texts
lyricsandbeats

I just got the iPhone 4 and have an unlimited data plan.  If i have wifi turned on and connected to a local wifi network, would i still receive incoming calls and texts?  when wifi is on i see the wifi bar icon instead of 3G, so am unsure as to whether these phone related functions would still work. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: wi-fi connection and receiving calls/texts
nanna24
Contributor - Level 2
Your phone calls are not affected when you are connected to wifi
0 Likes
starfox223

If anything, your cellular functions are enhanced since then you can surf the web while on a call.

Something that unfortunately you can't do over a cdma 3g network. 

0 Likes
halfmoongh
Enthusiast - Level 2

To access wifi, is that only the free or paid wifi access you might find like at McDonald's, airports, hotels, schools, or your home wifi? Or can you get that through Verizon's service as well? Not sure I'm being clear enough, was hoping wifi was part of my 3G service, *or* something I can access if there's no 3G, or something like that.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

halfmoongh wrote:

To access wifi, is that only the free or paid wifi access you might find like at McDonald's, airports, hotels, schools, or your home wifi? Or can you get that through Verizon's service as well? Not sure I'm being clear enough, was hoping wifi was part of my 3G service, *or* something I can access if there's no 3G, or something like that.

You would need access to either your own home wifi service if you have it (or someone elses that you are authorized to use) or free (or rented) wifi service when at hotspot areas (such as McDonald's, Hotels, etc).

0 Likes