what plan should i get for unlocked iphone4?
steph58

Hi..

I want to get an unlocked 32GB iphone4..im currently using verizon family monthly plan..which contracts end by dec2011..i wonder if i can continue using my currrent number..on my new iphone4..BUT i have some other questions..don't know if anyone could help..thanks..
1)is there any monthly plan for unlocked iphone 4? what does the plan include?

2)..if its possible for me to change my plan frrom monthly to 'pay as you go' with same phone number?
3)if yes..how could i do that?
4) if no..is that..i have to get a new number for 'pay as u go' plan?
5)how does 'pay as u go' works on iphone? i need to get mirco-sim card..right?
6)if i wanna whatapps chatting or play game with somebody oversea (hong kong)..is there any problem? will the plan charge extra? or its actually through wifi to connect?

hope there's someone to help..thanks..

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: what plan should i get for unlocked iphone4?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

steph58 wrote:

Hi..

I want to get an unlocked 32GB iphone4..im currently using verizon family monthly plan..which contracts end by dec2011..i wonder if i can continue using my currrent number..on my new iphone4..BUT i have some other questions..don't know if anyone could help..thanks..
1)is there any monthly plan for unlocked iphone 4? what does the plan include?Any plan you are able to get (assuming the phone works with the network) would be based on the now available plans or your current one if eligible. There is no special plan for unlocked phones.

2)..if its possible for me to change my plan frrom monthly to 'pay as you go' with same phone number? I think you have to have a pay as you go eligible phone.
3)if yes..how could i do that? If it is possible you would contact Verizon to do it.
4) if no..is that..i have to get a new number for 'pay as u go' plan? You may have to get an eligible phone to switch to a pay as you go plan.
5)how does 'pay as u go' works on iphone? i need to get mirco-sim card..right? VZW iPhone does not use micro-sim cards.
6)if i wanna whatapps chatting or play game with somebody oversea (hong kong)..is there any problem? will the plan charge extra? or its actually through wifi to connect? If you are using wifi data then you wouldn't have anything to worry about. Otherwise, assuming that you are in a place that you can use the iPhone and get service then you will pay roaming fees if I'm not mistaken. None of this matters at all if the first issue isn't addressed....whether this unlocked iPhone can be used on the VZW network in the first place.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

Unlocked iPhones (or any unlocked phones for that matter) will not work with Verizon

All unlocked phones are GSM phones, Verizon uses CDMA, CDMA phones must be flashed to a certain carrier (no SIM cards), so CDMA phones can't be carrierless or "Unlocked"

Being that the unlocked iPhone is a GSM iPhone, it will only work with GSM networks like AT&T, or T-Mobile, only the Verizon iPhone works with Verizon

It is possible to get a used Verizon/CDMA iPhone on ebay or craigslist, and as long as the ESN is clear, you can activate it to your Verizon account by calling *228 and selecting option 1

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

steph58 wrote:

Hi..

1)is there any monthly plan for unlocked iphone 4? what does the plan include?Any plan you are able to get (assuming the phone works with the network) would be based on the now available plans or your current one if eligible. There is no special plan for unlocked phones.

2)..if its possible for me to change my plan frrom monthly to 'pay as you go' with same phone number? I think you have to have a pay as you go eligible phone.
3)if yes..how could i do that? If it is possible you would contact Verizon to do it.
4) if no..is that..i have to get a new number for 'pay as u go' plan? You may have to get an eligible phone to switch to a pay as you go plan.
5)how does 'pay as u go' works on iphone? i need to get mirco-sim card..right? VZW iPhone does not use micro-sim cards.
6)if i wanna whatapps chatting or play game with somebody oversea (hong kong)..is there any problem? will the plan charge extra? or its actually through wifi to connect? If you are using wifi data then you wouldn't have anything to worry about. Otherwise, assuming that you are in a place that you can use the iPhone and get service then you will pay roaming fees if I'm not mistaken. None of this matters at all if the first issue isn't addressed....whether this unlocked iPhone can be used on the VZW network in the first place.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Please don't waste your money on this phone if you wish to remain a Verizon Wireless customer, as it will not work on Verizon Wireless.

I'm only repeating what Mike said because it is so important.

0 Likes
stolfi1

Again from another post....Verizon iPhones and any of there phones in general cant be unlocked because they don't use sim cards, sorry to burst your bubble. Besides i hear the only carriers really that let unlocked phone be used is AT&T and T-Mobile,, easily at least. and depnding what u do with your phone anyway it may not be able to be unlocked if the basmand wasn't preserved, let if you Jailbroke with a jailbreak tool versus one that makes custom software, it won't work most likely

0 Likes