volume issue.. i think
krisb315

I am brand new to the iPhone world.. and love it so far.  But I cant seem to get the volume of my text tones down to a low volume level.  I have all volume sliders down as low as possible, yet my text tones (the ones i've made and loaded) are still playing loud... am I doing something wrong?  Or is this just an issue that you have when you load your own text tones?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: volume issue.. i think
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Congratulations on your new iPhone 4S. I'm glad to hear that you are loving your phone.

I've researched the issue you are experiencing and did not find it to be a reported known issue. If you have already lowered the volume for your ring tones and alerts and the only one that is not lower is the one for your Text Tone then the issue may be with the ring tone your created. I would recommend you changing the ring Text tone to one of the preloaded tone and see if you notice a difference in the volume. If the volume is lower then the issue is with the ring tone you created and you may want to contact Apple for further assistance.

I hope this information has been helpful.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

That's a really hard question...especially since you are referring to ringtones (text tones) that you created. It could very simply be the tones that you created are at a higher volume so even when you turn them down they are "loud" (without being able to hear them it's hard to say if they are louder than expected). Do you have an issue with any of the native tones being too loud when turned down also? You might want to look into tweeking the created tones volumes if possible.

0 Likes
krisb315

Thanks to both of you.  It does appear to be only the created tones.

0 Likes