unlocking 4S after upgrade
amar13

my sister sent me her old iphone 4S after upgrading her phone with newer iphone model and she's still active Verizon subscriber. i currently live in Mongolia and we have GSM network which i believe the Verizon 4S model (MD277LL/A) will work after SIM-unlock. so i'd like to know whether Verizon unlock it for me if i provide the imei number and/or the previous phone number it was attached to. or does my sister have to call to Customer Support line? i know that the phone is not active on VZ line for some time, but i will be grateful if I can get some help me with it.

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: unlocking 4S after upgrade
MannyBoy

Verizon and Sprint phones are not going to work on a GSA system.  You need a GSA phone (most often ATT, Tmoble in US, or almost all international phones since this is the international standard.  Sorry!

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

MannyBoy wrote:

Verizon and Sprint phones are not going to work on a GSA system.  You need a GSA phone (most often ATT, Tmoble in US, or almost all international phones since this is the international standard.  Sorry!

First of all it's GSM not GSA.

Second of all, the Verizon iPhone 4s is a world phone and can, in fact, be used outside the US on GSM networks after it is unlocked.

However, Verizon will only provide the unlock code under certain circumstances if the user is eligible.

* Must be a Verizon Wireless customer.

* The iPhone 4S being unlocked must be active on a Verizon Wireless line of service.

* The line of service must be active at least 60 days.

* The line of service must be in good standing for the past 60 days.

* Only one SIM Unlock per line every 10 months.

To the OP, read this thread. https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/696707

0 Likes
amar13

thanx for the reply, i know these requirements and hoped Support Team would give better solutions. no way i'm going to send it back to US, so might sell it as spare parts

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your sister should have unlocked it before deactivating from her account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes