Re: "Verizon" gone from the home screen
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

would you care to add anything to this thread with your knowledge of Alltel PRL numbers?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Ann154 wrote:

budone would you care to add anything to this thread with your knowledge of Alltel PRL numbers?

I would be interested in what SID they are on??? Hopefully it is a VZW SID and not an Alltel SID. If an Alltel SID, I would think that is the issue. With an Alltel SID on a phone, as more and more Alltel towers are converted to VZW, (This has been 99% completed) the device will be hellbent to find an Alltel tower and may find one farther away with a lousy signal, instead of using a closer VZW/Alltel tower.

If a VZW SID, then it most likely is the device.

0 Likes
sbailey4

OK so where can you find that info in iPhone 4s?  All I can find is PRL/ERI  46024/6 and Carrier  Verizon 12.0 and  in another system utility I have it reports MCC/MNC as 310/VZW.

0 Likes
JerryK1

Similar info on my iPhone 4s: "Network not available - PRL 30079 - ERI 6 -  Carrier  Verizon 12.0" but no VERIZON banner. Should we be concerned?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I wish I knew how to see the SID on an iPhone but I do not.

0 Likes
JerryK1

Talked with tech support and they said, after checking everything out, that all the settings including the PRL are as they should be. Also said MAYBE the Verizon on the screen will come back and maybe not, don't worry service is not affected. Being on an old Alltel plan has nothing to do with it!

0 Likes
sbailey4

Yeah well probably nothing to worry about (except facetime wont work) but I think he is completely wrong. Everything I have read in forums as well as the article below and everyone who has had this issue seems to be on Alltel plan on Verizon. Also it seems to have happened when *228 was initiated to "update". So again I believe he is incorrect on his assessment. My opinion only.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Former-Alltel-customers-on-Verizon-having-issues-with-FaceTime-on-the...

0 Likes
cphipps79
Enthusiast - Level 2

Welp I got my 2nd phone in today. Needless to say its the same. I have come to the conclution something about iOS 5.1 will cause the people with iphone's on alltel plans to NOT connect or have a hard time connecting to Verizon towers. I was on the phone with Tech support and he said my device wasn't even on the network. He couldn't understand. Well Because the new device came with 5.0.1 I couldn't directly back up my itunes to it. I had to activate the phone "As a new phone" upgrade it to 5.1 and then do a restore. Well while the phone was activated as 5.0.1 it said Verizon and I had 5 full bars of signal. When i was finished Verizon was gone and it was down to 2. Both Retail stores in my area have no idea what to do

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Sorry, I still wonder about the SID

0 Likes
sbailey4

Dang thats too bad. So iOS 5.1 doing something funky. Did you notice the PRL both before and after the update?  As a side note, any battery issues? I would make sure the new device doesn't have issue before sending your old one back. Thats been a whole other issue with the 4s. Some are fine and some not so much.  I cant believe NO ONE at Verizon has seen this or knows of a fix.  (well other than changing plans to VZW plan) That's probably their real goal, to get rid of the remaining unlimited data plans out there by disabling features and creating these kinds of issues so folks will change over Smiley Happy

0 Likes