no service in puerto rico
jeff4570

For 3 years my phone wont work in Puerto rico so they gave me a iPhone4 and it still doesn't work !  I called Verizon several times with no fix , it made my vacation miserable and they are violating my contract , Im going to ATT if thery cant fix this before my next trip .

I can make text mess. in PR and I can get incoming calls but I cant make outgoing calls , I get English recordings asking me to manually enter the number again , then i get a English message telling me it cant be completed .  My Ex wife had a brand new (2014)Verizion Galaxy that had no problem .

I tried turning on roaming and voice with no luck .. HELP for the last time .

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: no service in puerto rico
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Jeff4570, I want to make sure that your phone is working while you are in Puerto Rico without any issues. We would be sad to see you leave the Verizon Wireless family. Let's take a closer look into this. When you are calling out from Puerto Rico are you dialing 1 then Area Code then 7-digits U.S. Number? Or are your contacts saved with out the 1 before the area code? Please keep us posted.   KevinR_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: no service in puerto rico
jeff4570

I recall that I tried a "1" plus area code and the number but it didn't work even if I dialed a local Puerto Rico number .

In the past (3 years ago) I was told that sometimes if you dial your USA number using a PR area code , it works ?

Here's the details : Most of my calls were from the West side of PR , both my wife and I have Verizion and our saved numbers do not use #1 but her phone works and my phone has not .

Could there be something wrong with my plan ??

Jeff

0 Likes