lost my contacts and calendar on my iphone 4s, data on ipad mini
shell3020

Hi,

I lost my contacts on my iphone 4s yesterday.  I checked and my ipad mini has this information still intact.  I plugged my ipad into my computer and did the itunes sync.  

I did not have my iphone backed up to the icloud, although my ipad mini is.

I went to the Verizon store today with my phone and ipad.  I was told since I backed up my ipad, I can restore to my iphone.  When I connect my iphone, I have two choices - Restore iPhone OR Restore Backup.  Which do I want to do?

Thank You!

Michelle

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: lost my contacts and calendar on my iphone 4s, data on ipad mini
Ledsteplin
Contributor - Level 3

Hi,

Restore from backup is restoring your phone to what you have backed up in iTunes and/or iCloud. Restore iPhone is restoring your phone as new. No backup. It would be like a new phone. Hope that helps with your decision.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ledsteplin
Contributor - Level 3

Hi,

Restore from backup is restoring your phone to what you have backed up in iTunes and/or iCloud. Restore iPhone is restoring your phone as new. No backup. It would be like a new phone. Hope that helps with your decision.

0 Likes
goldsberry

This just happened to my wife's 4s today.  After looking all over the internet and searching these forums I came up with nothing.  Then I remembered I had this similar problem with my old iPod when iCloud came out.  And here is the trick, at least for me, that restored everything.

Go to Settings>iCloud, then click on account that should display the email that is associated with your iCloud account.  Your password should be displayed in dots.  Simply re-type your correct password and that will do it.  It's like it timed out or something.  Also, my password was long and the dots did not represent how long my password was/is so don't be fooled.  When you type it in correctly, you should see blue checks to the right but oddly the dots representing your password will go back to less (If you have a long password I guess).  Hope that makes sense and helps.

0 Likes