iphone 4 not receving calls
abeerashid

hello all my dad recently switched from cricket to verizon and got an iphone 4.  we bought the phone at best buy and ported his old number from cricket.  about 3 hours after the port he cancled the cricket number.  now everytime u call his number it says its disconnected.  yet he can make call and access the web.  please help thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone 4 not receving calls
Spiral
Master - Level 1

abeerashid wrote:

hello all my dad recently switched from cricket to verizon and got an iphone 4.  we bought the phone at best buy and ported his old number from cricket.  about 3 hours after the port he cancled the cricket number.  now everytime u call his number it says its disconnected.  yet he can make call and access the web.  please help thanks

Your father should not have canceled the account from cricket.  This would have been automatically taken care of AFTER the porting of the number was completed.  As it is now, he may have a difficult time recovering his old phone number. 

Respectfully, he should have followed the instructions for porting a number provided by Verizon, they specifically say not to cancel your old account.

0 Likes
abeerashid

well we kinda know that now.  the people at best buy said we should cancel it so we wouldn't forget

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

abeerashid wrote:

well we kinda know that now.  the people at best buy said we should cancel it so we wouldn't forget

Sorry to hear that, just another reason i don't buy phones at Best Buy, they don't know anything about wireless communication.

Good luck.

0 Likes
abeerashid

hmmm true.  shoulda got it straght from a verizon store.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

abeerashid wrote:

Thanks for the great input Spiral!

Abeerashid, welcome to Verizon Wireless! As indicated by Spiral, canceling your account with your previous wireless provider will interfere with the normal port-in process of your wireless number as the cancellation of your previous service will occur automatically when the port-in process is completed. If your previous wireless number was lost due to the cancellation of your previous service, a new Verizon Wireless number would be assigned to you and you should be able to receive calls by now.

If you are still not able to receive calls please contact us for further assistance. You can contact us by sending a private message including your wireless number and the best call back number. You can also call 1-800-922-0204 from a different phone at your convenience and select option 3, please have your phone fully charged and available for troubleshooting when you call us.

0 Likes