iPhone recorded voicemail instead of Verizon message
HankWatson

Is there a way to use the voicemail on the iPhone?  I recorded new vm on the new iPhone (new number, nothing to transfer from prior account).  But when call that number, it goes to the Verizon default vm.  Do I have to record message on Verzion vm instead of the phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone recorded voicemail instead of Verizon message
michelsen99
Contributor - Level 1

When you record your personal greeting on the iPhone make sure you check "save" at the top righthand corner. Then "custom" setting should be highlighted.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

HankWatson,

Hello!  Can you verify what you see when you go in to "Phone" and click "Voicemail".  This should give you the visual voicemail option.  Also, when you dial into your voicemail, are you doing it from the iPhone or another phone? 

We may need to look into the call routing for the voicemail. Please let us know in here so I can help further.

Thank you!

0 Likes
michelsen99
Contributor - Level 1

When you record your personal greeting on the iPhone make sure you check "save" at the top righthand corner. Then "custom" setting should be highlighted.

0 Likes
martielou

I am having this problem as well. My visual voicemail is set up and was working great- then suddenly calls stopped coming to my voicemailbox- instead they get a "message management center" that asks for the 10 digit number. However, when you enter my phone number there, it still doesn't go to my voicemail. Help!

0 Likes
jpgs

same problem, HELP! No one can leave a voicemail message.

0 Likes