Re: iPhone 4s contacts randomly erased/disappeared and hotmail email no longer loads
lauragayle

I wound up restoring my phone to the factory settings. Yup. Then restoring the phone from an older backup. The contacts reappeared.

Still -- took a lot of time (over my WiFi hotspot because I wasn't home on my faster cable WiFi setup) and was a pain.

good luck!

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4s contacts randomly erased/disappeared and hotmail email no longer loads
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@shutterbooger,

I understand how frustrating and inconvenient this must be for you. The issue may becaused by different things, depending on how you're syncing your contacts (iCloud/iTunes/Mail client, Exchange, Gmail, BUA). If you are using Backup assistant, please try our previous suggestion of uninstalling and reinstalling the backup assistant app from your phone. You can also visit http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3998 for additional troubleshooting steps.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information,lauragayle. I can only imagine your frustration.  Troubleshooting contact issues will vary depending on how you sync/manage contacts (iCloud/iTunes/Mail client, Exchange, Gmail, BUA ).
This link is also a great help  http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3998.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
shutterbooger

Thanks for the suggestion. However, this doesn't explain why my contacts and notes randomly mysteriously disappear and re-appear without reason. This last time they disappeared, they never came back like the last times.

Uninstalling and re-installing my Backup Assitant app, won't resolve the issue that my Notes are missing from my phone. As I explained in my prior posts, yes I have checker and all of my data is there when I log into my iCloud account via my laptop it's just not showing up on my phone anymore. Additionally, I also noticed today that my calendar is no longer synced to my gmail accounts despite the option being "on" enabled under the settings.

All of this frustration and I am paying $150 a month for?? I am out of contract right now and I am starting to think maybe switching carriers after being with Verizon for over 11 years, may be in order. 😕 The facade of help to resolve IT phone tech issues is getting really old.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details CoryStu. We are happy to help troubleshoot your device. Please be advised we don't recommend sending your personal information on a public post. Please follow and DM us. In the meantime. When did this problem start? Anything change on the device such as apps, settings or updates? When was your last successful backup to iCloud on the device itself?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shutterbooger,

I wish I had the answer as to exactly why your notes and contacts disappeared. It's definitely not how things should be working! If all of the previous suggestions have not worked and your notes/contacts are still missing I do recommend Restoring your phone to an earlier backup. http://bit.ly/1dQdrLS

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
CoryStu

OMG I did this through email. How do I edit this so it's gone?

0 Likes