iPhone 4S unlocked by Verizion
whitkc

I recently had my Verizon iPhone 4S unlocked for an upcoming international trip by calling Verizon customer support. They mentioned the need to access iTunes once I put in my SIM from another country. So my first question is do I need to have access to WiFi in order to complete the unlock process once I am in the other country and be able to use the new SIM card?

Also, I'm not leaving for another three weeks, is there a time restriction on how long it takes me activate the international SIM?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 4S unlocked by Verizion
gurase
Contributor - Level 2

Yes, you either need access to wifi or iTunes to complete the unlock. I would see if anyone you know has an old international sim you can borrow to complete the unlock before you leave (it doesn't need to be tied to an active plan). I'm not aware of any time limit for completing the unlock.

View solution in original post

Re: iPhone 4S unlocked by Verizion
gurase
Contributor - Level 2

Yes, you either need access to wifi or iTunes to complete the unlock. I would see if anyone you know has an old international sim you can borrow to complete the unlock before you leave (it doesn't need to be tied to an active plan). I'm not aware of any time limit for completing the unlock.