Re: iPhone 4 and iTunes
workaholick
How do I send my music in Windows Media, On my desktop to iTunes ?
0 Likes
dbbrass
Contributor - Level 3

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your question... but

Windows Media files (wma) cannot be played natively in itunes.  However they can be converted and imported into your itunes library and then played.  All you have to do is open the file or folder under itunes and it will prompt you to convert.

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4 and iTunes (for non Intel Macs)
wsanders

Note that the Verizon iPhone 4 compatible version of iTunes for the Mac also requires MacOS X 10.6 ("Snow Leopard", Intel only) *or* MacOS 10.5.8, which was the very last "Leopard" update of MacOS X for non-Intel Macs.

If you have a non-IntelPC running anything earlier than Leopard, you will need to get your hands on a Leopard DVD and upgrade. Unfortunately, Apple no longer ships Leopard. Once you have upgraded to 10.5-something, you Mac will download a huge pile of updates and eventually upgrade itself to 10.5.8. Only then can you activate and sync your phone from your older Mac.

You can always activate your iPhone 4 in a Store if you don't have a newer Mac or compatible Windows PC, but you won't be able to sync it or back up any purchases you make in iTunes or the App Store.

Steve really wants you to buy a new Mac every two years.

0 Likes
workaholick

Can anyone tell me if i can transfer music from my windows media library to itunes so i can transfer to my iphone4? Is there easy step process for this? And one more thing, How do you delete songs, like one or two on my iphone4?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

workaholick wrote:

Can anyone tell me if i can transfer music from my windows media library to itunes so i can transfer to my iphone4? Is there easy step process for this? And one more thing, How do you delete songs, like one or two on my iphone4?

You can find info about how to use iTunes and your iPhone at www.apple.com/support. As for specifics on how to import music into iTunes, here is some info copy and pasted from the Apple site. Also, you can delete songs from your iPhone via iTunes (using your computer). It depends on how you are managing your iPhone (manual or auto sync). This info can also easily be found on the Apple site in greater detail.

Adding content on your computer to iTunes

iTunes helps you add digital audio and video files on your computer directly to your iTunes library. You can add audio files that are in AAC, MP3, WAV, AIFF, Apple Lossless, or Audible.com (.aa) format. If you have unprotected WMA content, iTunes for Windows can convert these files to one of these formats. You can also add video content in QuickTime or MPEG-4 format to iTunes. To learn how to add these files to iTunes follow the steps below.

1. Open iTunes
  2. From the File menu, choose one of the following choices:
    • Mac
      • Add to Library
    • Windows
      • Add File to Library
      • Add Folder to Library
  3. Navigate to and select the file or folder that you want to add

If iTunes is set to "Copy files to the iTunes Music folder when adding to library," iTunes will copy all content that is added to the iTunes library to the iTunes Music folder. To adjust this setting or change the location of this folder, go to the Advanced tab in iTunes Preferences.

0 Likes