iPhone 4, iTunes and Facebook
workaholick

Having a hard time getting into Facebook. I log in & it keeps logging me out. Is there going to be a fix on Facebook?

[edited title to reflect content]

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4 and iTunes
cosmoK

workaholick wrote:

Having a hard time getting into Facebook. I log in & it keeps logging me out. Is there going to be a fix on Facebook?

I was having the same issue, seems to be ok now. I closed the App on the multitasking bar and then reset the phone.

0 Likes
Disco63
Contributor - Level 1

What's awesome about the newest release of iTunes is that it will convert any music you have in WMA.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

workaholick wrote:

Facebook would have to release an update to directly address the issue. Otherwise, try exiting the app and restarting it. Also, try deleting it and re-downloading. You may also want to go to the facebook website and contact them about it...the more they are alerted to the issue the more likely they will eventually release an update.

0 Likes
skiwolfcreek
Contributor - Level 1

I had a problem with this as well but I had to go in on the computer and unlock Facebook as Facebook didn't recognize the iphone as it showed its location in New Jersey although I'm in Oklahoma.  After I unlocked it, it has worked just fine. 

0 Likes
YYZ

itunes is a virus.

Why would you buy an iphone from Verizon ? They already have the BEST smartphones in the market. DROIDs !!!

iphone =

No Java

No Flash

No SD

No USB

Poor Multi-tasking

Difficult and expensive to develop

Over-priced

Android wins on ALL of those

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

YYZ wrote:

itunes is a virus.

Why would you buy an iphone from Verizon ? They already have the BEST smartphones in the market. DROIDs !!!

iphone =

No Java

No Flash

No SD

No USB

Poor Multi-tasking

Difficult and expensive to develop

Over-priced

Android wins on ALL of those

Not everyone values everything you listed as a priority in their device choices. Over priced is in the eye of the beholder. Chances are, if it's over priced to the individual then they won't buy it. Difficult and expensive to develop...in what manner are you referring? For the user? I would think that generally, most regular users aren't as into detailed customizations or development as those more tech-inspired users....so it's likely not a hair splitting issue. No USB/SD....consider the fact that not everyone is a power user and likely don't purchase SD cards with extremely high GB space (likely 4-8 GBs is what they already own if that). Flash and Java...for those that this is their first smartphone they never had it to begin with so it's probably not important. There are also those that don't have a need for their phones of any brand to completely replace or mimic a computer. The reason anyone buys the device they buy is because something appeals to them about it...no matter what anyone else's opinion is, at the end of the day the phone that gives them what they need in a way that makes them happy is the best one. Even if it's an old school Nokia pre-sms capability days. You have to remember...there are a lot of people that wanted the iPhone simply because they wanted an iPod and a phone in the same set-up. The rest is just extra.

0 Likes
melia618

i just got the iphone today and i went to sync it with my itunes but now it's showing me more as a itouch. i no longer have a spot for messaging and my contacts are gone. do you know what happened or if i can recover what was on my phone. 

0 Likes
mmihalick

Will the iphone not activate if you don't have iTunes 10? My operating system only supports up to iTunes 9, and there was no mention in any information I saw that I'd have to upgrade my operating system in order to activate and use my iphone. That seems like something that'd be pretty basic to include in information available before ordering. In fact, the level of iTunes isn't even included in any printed information that came WITH the iphone; I had to come search specifically for it when iTunes wasn't recognizing the phone.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

mmihalick, I am sorry this information was not provided with the information that came with your Iphone4. Yes, you need to use the latest version of iTunes (10.1.2) to set up your Iphone for the first time. It is highly recommended to check for Itunes updates prior to connecting your iPhone 4.  By connecting your iPhone 4 to your computer and iTunes syncs whatever you want to take with you. This information is also presented on the page that shows the actual phone under "Frequently Asked Questions". I have provided the link on our website below for future reference:

http://support.vzw.com/faqs/iphone/iphone_faq.html

For customers who need the steps to download the latest Itunes software,  I have listed the steps below along with the website needed to download the latest Itunes software. 

Download and Install

1. Close all open applications.
  2. Launch an Internet browser then navigate to the iTunes Download web page.
    Note http://www.apple.com/itunes/download
  3. Click Download iTunes.
  4. Click Download Now.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to select the appropriate software for your hardware / operating system.
  6. Locate then double-click the downloaded file.
  7. Click Next.
  8. Review the License Agreement, select I accept the terms in the license agreement then click Next.
  9. Select the any of the following options then click Install.
    Note If prompted, click Yes.
    • Add iTunes and QuickTime shortcuts to my desktop
    • Use iTunes as the default player for audio files
    • Automatically update iTunes and other Apple software
  10. Click Finish
KinquanaH_VZW
0 Likes