iPhone 4 - cant receive or send calls, 3G goes to o (no service)
caseyholloway

My aunt has had the iPhone 4 since May of last year (2012), she has never had any problems with the phone at all! She has always had great service at her home, and use to have the Hot Spot on it, and she received internet perfectly. 4 weeks ago, she came by and I updated the iPhone to the newest (then) update, which was the iOS 6.1.2! From that point on, the phone has given us nothing but trouble! If we push the phone icon on the springboard to make a call, just to dial the number or look up a contact, we lose the 3G emblem and get the no service "o" sign. Then when we make a call, IF we are lucky enough to get the call to go through, the people on the other end cant hear us but we can hear them. Same thing when we receive a call, again if we are lucky enough to receive one! We called tech support, they told us to take it to our nearest corporate office, we did, and they sent us a replacement phone. The day that the replacement phone arrived and I was activating it, it updated to the iOS 6.1.3 update. Even with a new phone, the same problems where happening! So I thought that something could have happened to the service from the towers in her area (Robbinsville, N.C., 28771), because for over a year she has received perfect service, I called Verizon and was told nothing has been done to the towers or anything like that in that area. I ended up taking my phone (iPhone 5), my parents phone (basic flip phone), my two cousins phones (basic prepaid flip phones), and my nephews phone (iPhone 4) over to her house. I walked the ENTIRE property, sat side by side with the bad iPhone and every phone that we took worked perfectly, except for my aunts iPhone 4! We just received yet another replacement phone today, and it is on iOS 6.1, and so far it seems to be working fine, she is on her way home now to test it! So I am really wanting to know if there is anyone else out there having the same or similar problems with their iPhone 4? Expecially those running the newer iOS 6.1.2 or 6.1.3?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4 - cant receive or send calls, 3G goes to o (no service)
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I thought that the "o" symbol was indication of the 1xRTT CDMA network on Verizon Wireless. Voice calls are made on the 1xRTT network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4 - cant receive or send calls, 3G goes to o (no service)
cj577

mine did same thing after lunch today.

I live in north GA

i would like to know what to do next.

0 Likes