Re: iPhone 4. Verizon. It Begins
trying2iphone

Ok REALLLLLY frustrated. 

Have tried getting this thing since 8 am every half hour (but probably more).  Have called to help desk twice, patiently asking if there are issues with the website and for any help to see if it was me having an issue.  Every time I was told nope the website was just down and there were no issues.  So what does that mean?  The website is down from 8am to 5:30pm?  I don't believe this, and if this is true why not say something on the webpage?  EXTREMELY frustrating about to just call it a wrap and get something else.

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4. Verizon. It Begins
Bswartz95
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, good news bad news.  When I signed up for the preorder a few weeks ago, it said that I was eligible for an upgrade to the iPhone.  My current Eris date is 7/17/11.  With the 6 month early upgrade offer, it said I was good to go on February 3.

I login at 3am to purchase the iPhone and it only offers me the full price upgrade - no offer of a 2 year contract.  I pondered this for awhile, but decided to do it.  I'll save the upgrade for when a newer iPhone comes out (i'm sure within the next 20 months).  I'll also be out of contract, which is a bonus.

I did order my phone through the Apple site because it was a little less expensive.

Anyone else not able to get the 2 year pricing after being told they would be able to get it?

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4. Verizon. It Begins.
halokatze

Adios!

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 4. Verizon. It Begins. - **bleep**!!!!!!
janicemorford

Well said!

I have no idea why all you people are bitching, having problems, trying to get things you are not eligible for, etc.  The information put out by Verizon weeks ago on this was very clear, and even the Apple site gave you the eligibility informatin for your line (or lines).  And, when it comes to transferring, who cares.....just order the phone on the line that is eligible, and then when you get it, do a *228 (or go to the store, or do it via My Verizon) and put the ESN on whatever number you want the iPhone on - it is not that difficult people!

I was on at 2am (as I live in CST) - actually about 1:50 am - and had absolutely NO PROBLEMS with the Verizon site.  I ordered my phone (no acccessories, as that (1) would jsut slow the order up and (2) potentially delay shipping if all accessories weren't immediately available as they want to ship everything together.....I just did the accessories as a secondary order) and actually finished the order, and received the confirmation EMail of the order before 2am. 

And, tonight, around 10PM I received the Email saying that my phone shipped.  So, I will get it Monday or Tuesday (the 7th or 8th).  Then, I can go into the Verizon store if I choose (as I have to take care of some logistics with switching numbers, as I ordere the phone off of a line that I have available to me on my mom's account....not even my own account) and have them take care of all my "logistics" before the masses come on hte 10th.  As far as I am concerned, the pre-order process was great!

0 Likes
r00t4rd3d
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its begins ! It sure does. The bandwidth throttle that is starting today.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/2011/02/verizon-quietly-begins-throttling-data-as-iphone-launch-...

Everyone enjoy your throttled iPhone !

0 Likes
msboc

I cannot get on the "getting ready" part of the website. My new phone is sitting next to me. But I want to transfer pix from my present phone to my iphone. Can someone tell me how to do it?

0 Likes
KobisMom
The first thing I did after setting up my iPhone was change my email signature to "Sent from my Verizon iPhone". Gotta advertise that im using my phone on the vest network!
0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

KobisMom wrote:
The first thing I did after setting up my iPhone was change my email signature to "Sent from my Verizon iPhone". Gotta advertise that im using my phone on the vest network!

I never really bought into all of that. I have been with Verizon for several years, but I normally do not wear my vest.:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
KobisMom
Haha whatever. You know I meant best!
0 Likes
KobisMom
0 Likes