Re: iPhone 4. Verizon. It Begins.
ghostrider7

I have never heard such whining (did I spell that right), I am totallly exited about the iphone and I have owned a lot of phones, I am a cell phone fanatic and I have never found one that is perfect, I always want more. But I am so excited about the Verizon Iphone. Apple does not move fast in producing new versions of the iphone and Verizon will not change that when Apple feels they can produce a quality 4G iphone, it will happen.

0 Likes
Bags

Before all the freaking out, how much is the phone if you have to buy it without upgrades?  Isn't $299 the full price?

Also, my question is this -- say you get the new iPhone, sign a new 2 year contract.  In the summer, Apple introduces the new iPhone.  Can you buy a new one and use it on the existing plan (understanding that you must pay a non-upgrade price for the actual phone)?

This is why I wonder about so many freaking out over the 2-year contract.  To me all that means is you're staying with Verizon.  You get free or highly subsidized phones when you sign a new plan, but if you want a $300 phone, you can still buy a $300 phone, yes?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Bags

Ghostrider, Apple has introduced a new iPhone every summer since it's introduction.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

bags.....retail price of this will be $600 and $700 (16gig and 32 gig). 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Bags wrote:

Before all the freaking out, how much is the phone if you have to buy it without upgrades?  Isn't $299 the full price?

Also, my question is this -- say you get the new iPhone, sign a new 2 year contract.  In the summer, Apple introduces the new iPhone.  Can you buy a new one and use it on the existing plan (understanding that you must pay a non-upgrade price for the actual phone)?

This is why I wonder about so many freaking out over the 2-year contract.  To me all that means is you're staying with Verizon.  You get free or highly subsidized phones when you sign a new plan, but if you want a $300 phone, you can still buy a $300 phone, yes?

Thanks!

No, $299 is not the full price. The non-subsidized prices for the iPhone are $499(16GB model) and $599(32GB model).

So, if you get an iPhone now and sign the 2yr contract and the 4G LTE version comes out before you are able to upgrade, you will be paying these ($499 or $599) prices if you want it.

0 Likes
Byuguy

No the retail price is 599 for th 16GB and 699 for the 32GB

0 Likes
Bags

Thanks.  I've never seen that info anywhere, though know that phones in Verizon stores which are $50 with a contract can be $400 without.

And to me that's the big question.  Folks have had problems with the current iPhone which will be available on AT&T.  So to wait until new mach this summer?  As one article stated, as Verizon customers, we clearly have the ability to wait...

0 Likes
Tamika1
Contributor - Level 1

At this time, we only have the pricing for the iPhone in conjunction with a 2-year service agreement.  Those prices are:

16GB - $199.99  

32GB – $299.99

As soon as we have the full retail pricing , we will share it with you.  We appreciate your patience with us as we work to launch this great device. 

0 Likes
black743
Contributor - Level 1

According to a recent update of the iPhone FAQ sheet:

"$199.99 for the 16GB model, and $299.99 for the 32GB model, with a new 2 year agreement. iPhone 4 will also be available for purchase at full retail price - $649.99 for the 16GB model, and $749.99 for the 32GB model."

0 Likes
tono80

Answer to the person wanting to switch to AT&T: Ha ha. Sure! If you want to lose the ability to make phone calls... Stick to Android, a superior system. Don't fall for Apple empire. Oh, and by the way, AT&T  doesn't have 4G. What are you talking about?

What I'm dreading rigth now, is all those iPhone pretenders flooding into the Verizon's network and clogging it. I'm also dreading Verizon's customer service going down the drain now that they'll become the true leaders and will have all the business in the world.

0 Likes