iOS 5 Beta 5
24c
Contributor - Level 1

Is the iOS5 Beta 5 build available to the Verizon iPhone 4? I have always gotten involved with betas on the PC, would be interested in the phone beta also.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iOS 5 Beta 5
dbbrass
Contributor - Level 3

The only way to get hold of a iOS beta is to become a member of the Apple Development Program for $99 a year.  Supposedly though, the CDMA iOS 5 betas do work with the Verizon iPhone.  (I'm hopin' that we get the thing the same time as the GSM crowd!... September maybe?)  Anyway here's the link to Apple's Development Program if you're curious or interested...

http://developer.apple.com/programs/ios/

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dbbrass
Contributor - Level 3

The only way to get hold of a iOS beta is to become a member of the Apple Development Program for $99 a year.  Supposedly though, the CDMA iOS 5 betas do work with the Verizon iPhone.  (I'm hopin' that we get the thing the same time as the GSM crowd!... September maybe?)  Anyway here's the link to Apple's Development Program if you're curious or interested...

http://developer.apple.com/programs/ios/

0 Likes
24c
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks, I will give it a look see.

0 Likes
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3
Just like dbbrass said, you have to sign up as an Apple developer in order to get the iOS 5 beta, then you can update a number if iDevices to iOS 5 (I forgot how many exactly)

If you happen to know or run into an Apple developer with open beta slots, you can alway ask if they will allow you to use one of their slots to update to iOS 5 beta, though most developers sell/charge for their unused slots, so be careful who you ask
0 Likes
24c
Contributor - Level 1

mikedamirault wrote:
Just like dbbrass said, you have to sign up as an Apple developer in order to get the iOS 5 beta, then you can update a number if iDevices to iOS 5 (I forgot how many exactly)

If you happen to know or run into an Apple developer with open beta slots, you can alway ask if they will allow you to use one of their slots to update to iOS 5 beta, though most developers sell/charge for their unused slots, so be careful who you ask

Thanks, I have abandoned this idea. I'll wait for Windows 8 beta...:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes