iOS 4.3.2 for Verizon... maybe?
dbbrass
Contributor - Level 3

Well, supposedly iOS 4.3.2 will be released in 2 weeks.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this may be the one!  Otherwise we're 3 back and still counting... 

Ok, reality check....  All of you hopefuls who think that Verizon is going to get the bug fixed and tried and true tested iOS 4.3.x, better think again.  I don't think that Apple has the AT&T users doing beta testing for Verizon.  I'm still betting that we're not going anywhere with iOS 4.2.6 and if we're lucky we may get iOS 5 the same time as AT&T.  That way ALL of us will have the same benefits and the same ...possible headaches should there be any issues with that release!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iOS 4.3.2 for Verizon... maybe?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You'll know in 2 weeks...but I for one will not be too quick to update regardless when it comes out. Any of the people that have been lurking on the forums have seen the complaints and issues that AT&T users have had with both 4.3 updates...so it would be smart to let those too antsy to wait be the testers and see what issues arise. Otherwise, you may regret that much anticipated update and wish you had your "lagging" 4.2.6 iOS. Food for thought...

0 Likes
dbbrass
Contributor - Level 3

Oh, I do agree.  I just don't think that Verizon is always going to get the privilege of avoiding all of the issues and then getting a build that's been 'tested' by AT&T first.   IMO, I'm starting to think that we're going to skip any additional iOS 4 updates and will be offered the upcoming iOS5 along with AT&T.  And then you'll have the option of either sticking with iOS 4.2.6 or joining the fray with the new iOS.  I for one will likely jump right in (and yes I might regret it, but what the heck?  As long as the phone part still works!). :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
OSUguy81

That's what backup is there for, right?

I was thinking about this earlier, and I started wondering - if everyone starts to decide to wait til the bugs are fixed before dling the new IOS/build, then who gets to find the bugs in the first place?  lol.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Aside from the fact that there is just no history to guess what we as VZ customers will or won't get, Apple has a funny way of not giving you any idea how many updates per iOS will exist...so it's kind of hard to say we will or won't get any based on 2 months of our iPhone being on the market. For those that are iPod Touch owners (and even previous GSM owners) you get pretty use to the fact that guessing and wondering is more exhausting than just waiting it out. As far as anyone assuming that VZ will avoid all issues that AT&T users have because we had to wait longer...they are sadly mistaken. Chances are some sort of bug or glitch will exist. If we're lucky it won't be something major and is something that most can live with while not losing the functionality they already have with 4.2.6. Ultimately, I think a lot of people forget that once upon a time, not that long ago it was not the norm to get a software update for your phone. If something was quirky with your hardware you were probably stuck with it until you bought the updated version of your phone. OR...you had to go to the store, leave your phone with tech support for an hour or so to let them download the new software on your phone and be warned that you may lose your contacts or other info...and if you ever had to do this you know how much of a pain and time consuming it could be (it wasn't something they advertised because imagine if every customer rushed to the store when a new software was available...unless you trolled tech sites you probably weren't aware of the update unless you had brought your phone in for a problem and the tech knew the issue was addressed in the update). At any rate, for those that are truly stressed over it I hope an update of some sort comes soon and hopefully it will be smoother than the current AT&T issues appear to be.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

OSUguy81 wrote:

I was thinking about this earlier, and I started wondering - if everyone starts to decide to wait til the bugs are fixed before dling the new IOS/build, then who gets to find the bugs in the first place?  lol.

Backups would be great...if you could downgrade back to the previous iOS if you wanted to. For whatever reason, this isn't an option with iOS so once you upgrade you're stuck until the next update. Fortunately, in our inpatient world we don't have to worry about everyone waiting...it would never happen. Even when Apple used to charge for iOS updates you had plenty of people rush to update, so there is little risk of no one being there to find the bugs lol

0 Likes
xlost6
Contributor - Level 1
I'm just happy Verizon stock iOS does not have as many bugs or problems as the rival counterpart. I will be more satisfied with iOS 5 than these minor .4 or 4.3.1 firmware updates.

Can't wait to get my iPhone 4 next month though! I have been waiting for this day! lol
0 Likes
nismos14
Contributor - Level 1

What is the big deal with the dang updates? Who cares! Doesn't the phone work fine without them? YES!

0 Likes
xlost6
Contributor - Level 1
Because it presents new features apparently...
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

kaebfly wrote:

OSUguy81 wrote:

Backups would be great...if you could downgrade back to the previous iOS if you wanted to. For whatever reason, this isn't an option with iOS so once you upgrade you're stuck until the next update. Fortunately, in our inpatient world we don't have to worry about everyone waiting...it would never happen. Even when Apple used to charge for iOS updates you had plenty of people rush to update, so there is little risk of no one being there to find the bugs lol

The only time you can't downgrade is when the update includes a new radio.  Usually almost all of them do to break the unlocking.  Since CDMA is ALWAYS unlocked then I am unsure if it will always include a new radio.

edit:

technically you can downgrade, but you CAN'T downgrade the baseband and radio. 

0 Likes