iMessage won't work..
rsdurdunji
Enthusiast - Level 2

My iMessage and FaceTime have stopped working for my iPhone, iPad, and macbook. I have a suspended line with verizon (I'm in europe of the next two years) but you're supposed to be able to use it with wifi, which I was able to do for the first week or two that I was here, then it just stopped working. I tried turning it off and on (iMessage and the phone), but I can't get it to send a message to people I know have iMessage as well. Please help

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: iMessage won't work..
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
rsdurdunji, this is definitely very odd! I too would be very concerned with my Apple ID features not working. Since your phone/devices are currently suspended, have you tried logging in to iCloud.com to review your account settings?

I would also review your phone and tablet through Settings>Messages>iMessage>and make sure that your Apple ID/email are selected as the accounts your iMessage and FaceTime features are set to work through.

Is this occurring with every local WiFi connection out there?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation.

Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
rsdurdunji
Enthusiast - Level 2

I logged onto iCloud and didn't see anything out of the ordinary or find anything that might lead to a solution. The option for Message settings isn't on there. When I go to Settings>Messages and turn iMessage off and back on, a message pops up saying "iMessage Activation: An error occurred during activation. Try again." and I have no idea what else to try after that. When I click "OK" and exit out of that popup, it says "Waiting for activation..." underneath where you turn iMessage on and off. It's been like that since I lost the ability to send them.

0 Likes
rsdurdunji
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, I try doing that on my iPad and it won't even let me sign in to edit my message settings. And I know I'm entering my correct apple ID and password, because I just checked it logging onto iCloud..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rsdurdunji,

Thanks for the additional insight. iMessaging is an Apple service that you can use with ot withour being connected to Verizon Wireless network. VZW wouldn't have any further troubleshooting steps avaialable beyond wants posted on Apple's website; https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201422. If you still need assistance after completing those steps, then I'd reach out to Apple Support. Thanks!

TrevorC_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes