how to switch your line to verizon iphone from another verizon device??
tim8942

Hi, when I try to switch my line to an iphone from another device online, it is said that I have to enter the new device ID number, and it is 14 digis. but I found that the iphone ID is 40 digis when I google it online. So ,what is the solution????thanks~!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how to switch your line to verizon iphone from another verizon device??
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

tim8942 wrote:

I think I can get the activation part done. but is it possible to switch my line to the new iphone that tied to my dad's line? if it is not, I would rather just order the new iphone under my line and regardless the $30 discount. thanks~!!

Yes. You might be able to follow the steps listed and do it on your own (just make sure when it gets to the point in iTunes to add your info you add your phone number). If you run into trouble or would rather make sure it is done right you can contact Verizon or go to the store and have them activate it on your line.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

A little confused on what you're trying to do. Do you have possesion of an iPhone that you are trying to activate? If so, you have an iPhone 4 (you posted this in the 4s forum...which hasn't been released yet, but is available for pre-order). You would activate it through iTunes or if you run into trouble you can activate it through VZW. You wouldn't activate it online through the VZW website like you would other devices.

0 Likes
tim8942

thanks for your answer~!!   here is the fact.: i wanna use my dad's line to buy an iphone 4s, because he is the master account holder, for which verizon would give $30 discount. after I got the new phone, I would like to switch my line to the new iphone. if it is not an iphone, it would be easy to switch online, you just need to enter the 14 digis ID number of your new phone. for the iphone 4s, what is the solution?? Thanks~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You would activate via iTunes although in your case you might have to get assistance in a VZW store since the phone will originally be tied to your father's line. When the phone arrives (assuming you are ordering it) there will be a "Getting Started" guide in the box that will tell you what you need to do to activate. The process is pretty simple. Like I said, your situation may require contacting or going to your local Verizon store, but it's possible that you will be able to just follow the steps and activate on your account with no issue.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Take a look at this link...it addresses activating an iPhone 4 on Verizon. Chances are the process will be the same with the 4s. http://support.verizonwireless.com/how_to_use/iphone_existing_customers.html

0 Likes
tim8942

I think I can get the activation part done. but is it possible to switch my line to the new iphone that tied to my dad's line? if it is not, I would rather just order the new iphone under my line and regardless the $30 discount. thanks~!!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

tim8942 wrote:

Yes. You might be able to follow the steps listed and do it on your own (just make sure when it gets to the point in iTunes to add your info you add your phone number). If you run into trouble or would rather make sure it is done right you can contact Verizon or go to the store and have them activate it on your line.

0 Likes
tim8942

thanks so much for your help~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes