how to fix iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes?
edickey

how do I fix "iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes"? It says you must use passcode on phone to connect but you can not get to any other screen on the phone except

iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes. How can you enter the passcode?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: how to fix iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is not a fun message to get, edickey. When did this start showing up? Have you tried any of these steps? http://spr.ly/6580ByW2u
DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
edickey

unfortunately there is no backup or sync to  iCloud so doing that loses all data on my grand daughters phone. I believe that is what is going to end up happening and she will hate me for that.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

edickey,

We definitely don't want that to happen, but unforatuntely we will not have access to the passcode that will be requested. However, normally this should be the same passcode that is used to unlock the device or when purchasing items through the Apple Store. Have you attempted either of these?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
edickey

Adam, It does not give me the chance to type in a passcode and it will not connect to iTunes because it says it is locked does Apple really have no way around this security of their own creation?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If it wasn't backed up via iTunes or iCloud then yes, all data will be lost because it will have to be restored. You are going to have to connect the iPhone to a computer with iTunes, where iTunes will give you an option to attempt to update (can't recall if that's the exact word but that option will attempt to update the software without deleting everything). If that doesn't work the other choice will say restore, which will lose all data

0 Likes
christinaL1

This doesn't work, updating/resetting iPhone when phone is disabled if the only way to receive your authentication code is via the disabled iphone. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ChristianL1, if this is the situation, the best option will be to speak with Apple Customer Service for direct assistance with secondary methods for the device. JoseL_VZW

0 Likes