damaged phone repair question
khiggs

The camera on my wife's phone is cracked from dropping it. Anyone know if this is covered by  Warrantee or by Apple?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: damaged phone repair question
medic2joey
Contributor - Level 2

Did you buy the 10.99 insurance? If not, no the warranty does not cover dropped phones. I'd suggest getting the insurance asap. The warranty only covers manufacturer defects in software issues for 1 year from purchase date. If you do have the insurance then you will be able to get it replaced after you pay the deductible of $199.00.

0 Likes
khiggs

Thanks. What if i buy Apple care?

0 Likes
medic2joey
Contributor - Level 2

Apple care is for technical support and phone support with an extended warranty on software issues. That still dont cover drops. Please look into this link here. Its called Squaretrade and is popular insurance. Make sure you read the guidlines. You have to buy this insurance within 30 days of you buying your iphone. If not call VZW and add the 10.99 insurance.

http://www.squaretrade.com/pages/iphone-landing24?ccode=bs_war_adword_132:lp24&monthly=0&gclid=CPXr5...

0 Likes
upnorth
Contributor - Level 1

AppleCare does not cover accidental damage. Your best option may be companies that repair iPhones. It doesn't appear to be a terribly expensive repair.

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

And I believe eventhough you're in the window to add the Total Equipment Coverage, there would be a waiting period before filing a claim since it wasn't added when purchasing the phone.

0 Likes
khiggs

Thanks for the quick response!

0 Likes
khiggs

Seems like a good deal... Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. You should have given me the heads up I would have mentioned you referred me!!

0 Likes