charging for texts on unlimited text plan
wizardofoz

In early January we changed from a pay per text plan to unlimited texting plan. I am still being charged (green texts) for non iPhone to iPhone text messages. Is there a setting somewhere that I have to change to stop the charges?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: charging for texts on unlimited text plan
Snn5
Legend

I wonder if this has anything to do with changing a plan in the middle of a cycle.  I know I had to wait until the next bill to see the charges finalized.  It was like the bill was still in the same mode as always until it came out with the appropriate changes.  When I changed from a $60 plan to a $50 plan, I didn't see "$50" on My Verizon until after the bill cycle was processed.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Seems it might not have been back dated but either post dated or on the day(prorating will occur). Need a little more information.

wizardofoz

to both Tidbits and Snn5:

My bill online, and my online account both show unlimited text.  We changed on Jan 7, and the prorating has already been billed. When I look at the text usage on My Verizon account, the green texts do not show up as text messages, but the numbers and times are listed. All the blue messages show up as text messages.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

When did your billing end and was it mid cycle when you did the change?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Seem like you are not connected to iMessage servers if they are counting them as text. The way it is designed to fall back on SMS if you are not connected. You can turn that off.

0 Likes
wizardofoz

My billing cycle ended on the 12th

Below is a snippet from my account page showing my usage, and if I had copied more, it would have shown "text" in the box where message type is on the right on many others.

0 Likes
wizardofoz

I have SMS turned on.  Should I turn it off?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If you have it set up to fall back to SMS yes if you don't want them billed as SMS when not connected to imessages

0 Likes