can't hear incoming calls with new iphone4
snez

I set up my new iphone4 yesterday and have went thru all settings but can't figure out why I can't hear incoming calls.  Speaker works, I hear them when I plug in the earphones and interrupt a song, but no matter what I do, a call comes in and I can't answer it.  Before I assume I have a dead speaker, I was hoping someone out there might direct me to a setting and cure my ignorance.

Great gadget.  I've set up all kinds of toys last night, but today comes and I can't make a simple flippin call!  I hope it's a button. 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

And if I do have to send it back, can someone point me to the right number or online site for that?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: can't hear incoming calls with new iphone4
dougie011
Contributor - Level 2

oh, I miss understood.  I thought you couldn't hear the phone ringing.  Call apple support or verizon.  They should be able to help you out.  I haven't heard of this problem, unless your volume is set way down.  While on a call, can you turn the volume up?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dougie011
Contributor - Level 2

Have you made sue mute is off?  There is a mute switch above the volume buttons on the side.  If red is showing, mute is on.

0 Likes
snez

Thanks for the help, but I already tried that.  And as i understand that button, it mutes my voice going back through the phone.  I can't hear them thru the external speaker by my ear.

0 Likes
dougie011
Contributor - Level 2

oh, I miss understood.  I thought you couldn't hear the phone ringing.  Call apple support or verizon.  They should be able to help you out.  I haven't heard of this problem, unless your volume is set way down.  While on a call, can you turn the volume up?

0 Likes
snez

I cranked up using the "+" button under the mute on the left upper side but still got no sound on the call.  I went through and maxed out all settings but still nothing, so I think I got a dud.  I'll contact verizon customer support and see what they say.

Thanks again, Dougie

0 Likes
kb0jfg

I had the same thing. I left the factory protection on the screen and it covered the ear piece on the phone. Cut a hole in the protective plastic on the ear piece and can hear calls just fine Now. It was a Duh moment LOL

0 Likes