buying in store
alp16

The iPhone 4s is going to be my first iPhone, replacing my 2 year old Droid.  I'm due for an upgrade on October 21 so it's perfect timing for me.  I'm interested in getting my phone in store around that date.  I'm a little clueless about the demand and what it will be like, do you think the iPhone will be avaliable to get in person at a Verizon store then?  

Thanks for your advice!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: buying in store
galaxie500fb
Contributor - Level 2

It`s really hard to say if they will have any on hand or not. I won`t offer my reasoning why they usually sell out quickly. The Iphone usually far outsells any single manufacturers phone especially on release day. You could always go into a Verizon store and talk to a representative or two and see if you can gauge the demand and they may even tell you how many they might have on hand come release day....... Good luck.

0 Likes
thedj2011

As the previous poster mentioned, it is hard to say what the supply and demand will be for this iPhone. It may be sold out, but they may get another shipment in a week when you can purchase and may have no trouble buying one. If they do not sell out, then you will obviously be all set.

0 Likes
sdlaw
Enthusiast - Level 3

alp16 wrote:

The iPhone 4s is going to be my first iPhone, replacing my 2 year old Droid.  I'm due for an upgrade on October 21 so it's perfect timing for me.  I'm interested in getting my phone in store around that date.  I'm a little clueless about the demand and what it will be like, do you think the iPhone will be avaliable to get in person at a Verizon store then?  

Thanks for your advice!

Not sure where you live, but if there's an apple store around they'll probably have more stock and it's just as easy to set up.  If there's multiple verizon and apple stores around you I would just call to all of them on the 21st until you find one with the phone in stock.

So far it doesn't seem like demand for this phone has been too high (compared to other iPhone releases) so you'll probably be fine going in on the 21st.  They may even be able to reserve one for you if you call.  (not sure but you could try)

Also remember that best buy will carry them as well, not sure if anyone else does too but it's worth trying those places too.  Best buy, frys, circuit city maybe?

0 Likes
kevinpy
Enthusiast - Level 3

alp16, call Verizon and ask if they can push your upgrade date up to October 14th, they will often move it up within the same month for product launches if you ask nicely. and if they give you a problem, tell them how good a customer you are, etc. and even threaten to switch to AT&T, it can never hurt, you may just get lucky and get your upgrade date pushed up, this way if you are able, get to your local Apple store as early as possible, or your local Verizon store. Note that Best Buy is also taking preorders in store, you could go into one and ask how far youd be down on the list, theyll prob make you buy a gift card, but theyre usually refundable, I did that for my iPad 2

0 Likes