bill to account
mstcb57
Will you be able to bill iPhone 4S to your account when you are preordering ?
Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: bill to account
rocksintheattic

I am assuming not. I set my alarm to wake me up for 3:00 AM EST this morning thinking I was going to be able to preorder the 4S AND be able to bill it to my account. No soap. They want a credit/debit card. :smileysad:

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

rocksintheattic wrote:

I am assuming not. I set my alarm to wake me up for 3:00 AM EST this morning thinking I was going to be able to preorder the 4S AND be able to bill it to my account. No soap. They want a credit/debit card. :smileysad:

are you the primary line?

was it at vzw?

when they do allow it it depends on the account, any late payments, time you have been with them ect

0 Likes
smitty97007
Contributor - Level 1

I am the primary line, but I transferred an upgrade from a family member, although that shouldn't matter.  I was still forced down the path of using a credit card.  And I ordered through Verizon as Apple's site was down at start time for pre-orders.  Doesn't matter much to me either way, but would have been nice to have the option.

0 Likes
rocksintheattic

mdram4x4 wrote:

rocksintheattic wrote:

are you the primary line?

was it at vzw?

when they do allow it it depends on the account, any late payments, time you have been with them ect

Yes, I am the primary. In fact, I called Verizon Wireless today and asked the customer service agent if my account qualified for BTA. They said it did, so I asked what my BTA limit was. They said there is no limit for my account and that I could only use BTA for one phone. I find that hard to believe there is no limit but that's what they said.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

aahhh, whenever i have done it it was buy 1 get 1 free, so it was technically 2 phones :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

When they released the iPhone 4 in Feb you could NOT bill to account as you might have been able to when ordering a phone that was already available. Assuming they followed the same tradition, you won't have that option during pre-order and perhaps for some time after.

0 Likes
rocksintheattic

Well I hope the BTA option is available on the 14th, because that's when I plan to try again...

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

rocksintheattic wrote:

Well I hope the BTA option is available on the 14th, because that's when I plan to try again...

It might not be, but you can call Verizon on the 14th and see if they will let you bill to account if you purchase in store or order over the phone if the option still isn't available online. It wasn't available immediately when the 4 dropped in Feb...even after it was available to everyone.

0 Likes
Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3

I called VZW today and first the customer service person told me she was going away from her headset for a second, 3 minutes later she comes back, "bta is available since you're ordering over the phone."  So I got thru to a sales rep, he said "it's not available since we're using a different system then the normal phones for ordering the 4S, if I find a way to do it I'll email you and let you know."  I know I won't get any email and I didnt think it would be available but I figured I'd call and see if it is.  I also chatted with an online rep who said it is available and then when I tried again, again it wasn't so I'm thinking it's not just like for the 4 it's not.  If not, I'll just have to wait until the 14th which is fine.

0 Likes