Re: bill to account
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Ptmc518 wrote:

I called VZW today and first the customer service person told me she was going away from her headset for a second, 3 minutes later she comes back, "bta is available since you're ordering over the phone."  So I got thru to a sales rep, he said "it's not available since we're using a different system then the normal phones for ordering the 4S, if I find a way to do it I'll email you and let you know."  I know I won't get any email and I didnt think it would be available but I figured I'd call and see if it is.  I also chatted with an online rep who said it is available and then when I tried again, again it wasn't so I'm thinking it's not just like for the 4 it's not.  If not, I'll just have to wait until the 14th which is fine.

If I'm not mistaken you can't pre-order over the phone. Once it releases on the 14th you can order over the phone or in store instead of online but otherwise, pre-orders are online. Might be wrong but that's usually how it goes.

0 Likes
Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3

really? because they told me there were a ton of people calling in to pre-order that they were procesing.  These people, no offense to the ones who know what they're talking about, need to get their facts straight.  I had one guy even offer to order it for me today as a preorder and bill it to my account, said he would call back in the am and never did, so I figured I couldn't and I have no problem with that, it'd jsut be nice if I was told by employees consistently.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Ptmc518 wrote:

really? because they told me there were a ton of people calling in to pre-order that they were procesing.  These people, no offense to the ones who know what they're talking about, need to get their facts straight.  I had one guy even offer to order it for me today as a preorder and bill it to my account, said he would call back in the am and never did, so I figured I couldn't and I have no problem with that, it'd jsut be nice if I was told by employees consistently.

Unfortunately, very often the initial line of CS reps you speak to over the phone tend to give mis-information rather than admit they don't know the answer to something. Not ALL of them but it happens more often than not when it comes to new devices or services. Blame it on poor training when it comes to the general CS reps (the ones that are there mainly to handle non-complex customer service requests). Unless something has changed the pre-order process is not being done over the phone. Even yesterday, the automated message system you go through before speaking to a rep stated that pre-order sells began today at VZW.com and that CS reps would not have any more information available t provide other than the details already shown on the VZW website.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for your responses. I hope most of you have been able to complete your pre-orders successfully. The pre-order is only available online and is not eligible to bill to account. As long as your account is eligible to bill equipment to the account (based on payment history, at least six months with VZW), you will be able to once the phone is launched on 10/14.

0 Likes
rocksintheattic

Well the iPhone 4S is officially available to purchase now on Verizon's site, but it's still sending me to the preorder site without the option to BTA...

0 Likes
msosborn

I just spoke to a verizon rep who said that until the back order is brought up to date you will not be able to do a BTA

0 Likes
kjowski

I tried to order online and bill to my account and I also called today to bill to my account. You can not bill to your account right now for the iphone 4s. Verizon does not know why and they do find it strange and suggest people keep calling back or checking online for that option to become available.

If anyone does see it available please let me know because I have been waiting for the 14th so that I could just order and bill to my account. So now I am a little peeved.

0 Likes
rocksintheattic

I am very peeved myself. I too have been waiting for the 14th to come and all week Verizon employees have been assuring us that BTA would be available today. What a bringdown...

0 Likes
kjowski

Exactly and I am sure there are many of us out there right now. You cant bill in store, over the phone or online and I am sure a lot of people are being shocked by that. I hope they get that fixed soon cause I woke up looking forward to bill my phone this morning.

0 Likes
johnita36
Enthusiast - Level 3

When will BTA be able to be done in the stores does anyone know? I am considering getting one but would like to know if that option is going to be able to be done in store or not.

Thanks

0 Likes