Wrong amount of data charged to my phone
rschell42

I have just received a warning that I have used 75% of my data in 10 days.  I checked and my account shows that big chunks of data have been used in the middle of the night when I am asleep or during times that I am at work and don't even have the ringer on, much less anything else. ( I am a teacher and can't do that.)  What's worse, there is no chat support available today and I can't get past the prerecorded "answers" to speak to a person on the support line.  I have never used much more than half of my data during an entire month, much less most of it in 10 days.  Unbelievable!! Anyone else ever had this problem?  I am so fed up with Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wrong amount of data charged to my phone
budone
Legend

Call Customer Service and say AGENT.

Do you have your device to auto update apps?

0 Likes
Re: Wrong amount of data charged to my phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there rschell42.  I know that those warnings can cause some concern at times, especially when you don't think you have used that much and I absolutely want to investigate this further.  I am sorry to hear that you had trouble reaching out to our other avenues, but I am here to assist now.

Which make and model device do you have?  How do you usually use the device?  Do you stream videos or music frequently? Do you have your apps to update automatically in the background?

Also, do you have the ability to connect to WiFi? When you connect to WiFi you are not using from your data plan.

Please provide additional details so that I can better assist.

NickB_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes