Worst Customer Service ever
gautom50

After being a customer of Verizon for last 10 years, I upgraded to a iphone 4 14 days ago. I noticed a crack in the back case and called up customer service. They told me that since it was bought within the last 2 weeks I could exchange it for a new phone after paying a restocking fee at the Verizon store at Val Vista, Mesa, AZ. When I went there the Assistant Manager Jared Moore, said that the they were not able to exchange it because it was damaged. His manager, Raymond Kauleinamoku, came out and said the same thing. So I called up customer service again. This time Adrian 5642 answered, who, basically said that the previous people on customer support were wrong and that the Store salesmen were right. There was nothing that Verizon could do about it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Worst Customer Service ever
dbbrass
Contributor - Level 3

Take it to the nearest Apple store... you may get lucky.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

If the crack was not there when you received it, that means it was caused by you (or someone who was using your phone, etc) which means they can't replace it unless you do an insurance claim. Even with warranties, they'll charge you for a new one if it's damaged at all. I believe this also applies to the 14 day return/exchange period.

PS - the Val Vista and Baseline location has the WORST salesmen. Their tech people are great, but their sales people have the worst attitudes/customer service EVER. I upgraded at that store once (and haven't ever since and never will again) with a manager, who was on her own phone CONSTANTLY throughout the process, wouldn't hear or answer my questions when I asked them, and didn't even say anything when she was finished with the process, just handed me my stuff and walked away all the while looking at her phone.

0 Likes
Squallfyr
Contributor - Level 3
I would LOVE to visit that store lol
0 Likes
djps55
Enthusiast - Level 3
I lucked out,my battery exploded inside of my droid iris,which was one year old.they sold me the iphone4 at a very reduced rate.my customer service rep was very helpful in taking care of my concerns.by the way this phone puts all of my android. Phones to shame.best phone yet
0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

djps55 wrote:
I lucked out,my battery exploded inside of my droid iris,which was one year old.they sold me the iphone4 at a very reduced rate.my customer service rep was very helpful in taking care of my concerns.by the way this phone puts all of my android. Phones to shame.best phone yet

That's awesome! I'm glad to see there are still good customer service stories out there :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Elitist_Jerk
Contributor - Level 2

Yah physical damage is not covered under warranty. I wouldn't have left the store with a broken device, and its why i never upgrade online or over the phone.. let me see what i'm buying

tough position to be in, once that device leaves the store its impossible to get replaced..

Have you tried to contact apple?  .. oh wait, apple doesn't support their products unless you pay for support, never mind

0 Likes
iPhone_Warrior
Enthusiast - Level 2

Elitist_Jerk wrote:

Yah physical damage is not covered under warranty. I wouldn't have left the store with a broken device, and its why i never upgrade online or over the phone.. let me see what i'm buying

tough position to be in, once that device leaves the store its impossible to get replaced..

Have you tried to contact apple?  .. oh wait, apple doesn't support their products unless you pay for support, never mind

If you call the Apple helpline after the initial 90 days after purchase about how to use the phone. Sync media, contacts and so on... Yes there is a charge for support if the Applecare extension plan was not purchased. For hardware fault issues, phone won't power on, home button sticks... that is included in the 1 year warranty.

To the OP, Your best option is to make an appt at your local Apple store http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

If they find that the phone has been dropped the back glass costs about $30 to replace vs. 199 for the front screen.

Some who have gone in with a humble attitude have received the replacement at no charge. This is not always the case and should not be expected. But it is your best 1st option.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi gautom50,

I understand receiving conflicting information can be very frustrating and  I am sorry to learn your device is damaged.  It sounds like your device has physical damage vs. a manufacturer defect.  Your post doesn't advise if you took advantage of the available insurance options.  I would be happy to review your account in effort to identify the best replacement option available. Please PM me your wireless number.  I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for your Verizon loyalty,

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Squallfyr,

I would like to assist you if you have not already addressed your concern.  I don't see your exact concern was advised on the forum, however if you need help please let me know and we can move forward.  Thank you.  

0 Likes