Will I be able to access old photos if my device doesn't have the latest software version?
JennsQuestions

I have an iphone 4s, version 7.1.2 because I do not have enough storage to download version 8.1

I want to upgrade my phone to the iphone 6; my question is will I be able to access old photos from my 4s on icloud if I don't have the latest version and once I get the newer phone?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iCloud question
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question JennsQuestions. The answer is yes. As long as you have access to the device which has the information, you are fine.  Now not to confuse the situation but, You could also back the device up or sync the pictures with a folder on your computer using Itunes, then erase all content and settings, and reload as much of your content as you can.

BobbyN_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Yes, but do not initially switch to iCloud Drive when setting up your 6 until you have everything working. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question JennsQuestions. The answer is yes. As long as you have access to the device which has the information, you are fine.  Now not to confuse the situation but, You could also back the device up or sync the pictures with a folder on your computer using Itunes, then erase all content and settings, and reload as much of your content as you can.

BobbyN_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes