Wifi "unable to connect" for the past month
atdesiato

I have not been able to connect to my home wifi for the past month. It keeps popping up saying that it is unable to connect. sometimes it will work, but only for 2 minutes tops. My roommate uses the same internet connection and she said that she has not had a problem with it. I have tried rebooting it, turning it on airplane mode then resetting network settings and rebooting it, forgetting the network, and even resetting my entire phone. nothing will work. but my phone connects to the wifi at work and works perfectly fine. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Wifi "unable to connect" for the past month
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn that your WiFi connection is not stable in a particular location atdesiato! Since the WiFi connection has no issues work, the phone is certainly not the problem. I recommend double checking your WiFi router settings and credential as this might be an authentication issue. Reset the wireless router instead of the phone and test.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
redlinkhauer

Antonio?

I think I have the same issue this person has but your response makes no sense. The WIFI router in question is operating fine (others are using it without problem). The device is not connecting, and the ever popular and totally vague "unable to connect" error is all we are getting.

Mine is a 4s,m black 16GB and it only connects to a router if I am close or at least within line of sight of the router. The same router is currently serving devices throughout my home (on several different OS's) without issue.

Could you please explain why you doubt it is the phone or explain what the next steps would be for someone like me?AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
Not applicable

The router in 99.99% of the time may be fine and see and connect to the devices it detects. However after certain updates to phones it has been said that the phone will not connect to the router.

There was a list of known routers on this forum that just did not work. The so!ution was to either reset the broadband modem, wireless router and turn off the phone.

Then if it connects your problem is solved. If it doesn't your next step is to see if there are firmware updates for the modem and the router. (Mainly routers) if it still does not connect a new router not on the non working list should be purchased. Yes its another expense but if you want the device to connect that is your option.

Another trick you can use is to change the security from WEP to WPA, PSK or WPA 2 and change the password to the router.

Some people stated a password of at least 9 figures / digits worked great.

If you placed the phone on its own IP address that also has been known to work.

However its best to talk to tech support at the router maker to assist.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

redlinkhauer,

Let's get your phone going on your wifi! On your device, I would recommend "Forget Network" Settings>Wifi, select the informational "i" and tap on Forget Network. Once forgotten, try signing in again. If that does not work, I do recommend resetting the wifi modem itself. While other devices are connecting fine, it may just need a quick reset to allow your device to connect. The wifi reset should not affect the ability of other devices to connect. Keep us posted.

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes