Why did the 6.1 upgrade put my phone into restore mode?
Brian51

My phone was working fine and when it started loading the 6.1 update, it instantly caused my phone to crash and now it's in recovery mode and I can't do anything to get it back.  I have used a number of computers connecting to iTunes and it will not restore no matter what I do.  I have followed all the instructions listed on Apple's website and nothing.  I think Apple should be responsible for the phone and replace it.  It anyone have any ideas how I can get it restored?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why did the 6.1 upgrade put my phone into restore mode?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for contacting us, Brian51.
I am sorry you had to encounter these problems when you upgraded your phone's software.
You already did some things that we would have you do (sync with iTunes) since that didn't work, it would be best to replace the device under the warranty replacement guidelines.
The store can process the order for you if you aren't able to call us at 800.922.0204 from a different phone.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Why did the 6.1 upgrade put my phone into restore mode?
jprintz
Enthusiast - Level 2

hi, Brian,

i'm having the same problem, too.

i decided to start with the Verizon website, then proceed to the Apple.com one. but you have already done that.  the only solace i have at this time, is that i (think) i uploaded all my baby son's photos to my mac. & most of my contacts are on the mac, too.

0 Likes