Re: Why buying the Verizon iPhone is a mistake
JeffWinger
AT&T is garbage. I'm canceling my service and sending my iPhone back as soon as my Verizon iPhone arrives. It should come today. What kind of idiot would spend $25/2GB data when they can get unlimited for $30? Then to add injury to insult, there 3G network sucks. Even in supposed 3G areas, I'm stuck with EDGE. So, if you like slow, overpriced Internet, by all means, go with AT&T!
0 Likes
Re: Why buying the Verizon phone is a mistake
ginny7

I have read so many of these complaints of people thinking they are smarter than those who created the new phones or smartphones and even some of the older phones. News flash your not, first of all AT&T sucks you have less map coverage than Verizon. Secondly anything below the droid Eris you have to hook up a USB cable to your PC and to the phone where as the hotspot feature allows you to get rid of the cable and you don't have to spend any money  on an app to get internet all you do is go to your market and download either

{edit for TOS violation}

and follow instructions free app free internet not so hard. I have Verizon Droid the first one and I love it I'm ready to upgrade it of course but it still works great if I go some where and want internet I plug in the USB cable which I might add at the moment is not too much of a hassle but I'm ready for a phone with a hotspot feature. So quit your complaining nothing and no one is perfect but technology is getting better. And before you buy your new phone research it ask your friends if they have a phone like your wanting of course how they like there's ask  Verizon people lots of question do all your homework on it before you buy don't just buy it cause everyone else is it might not be the phone you need. Some of us need all the high tech stuff and some of us don't so make sure you now what you want and need not what you gotta have just because its cool and everyone else has it.

0 Likes
swak37

Sounds like someone just can't afford the iPhone now so is trying to make everyone feel bad for buying them.  It is not a FACT that the iPhone 5 will be coming out in June, a guess yes a fact no!  When the new ones do come out if I want it I will buy it, just as many other people will do.  Hotspot is $20 IF you want it, if you choose not to get it, oh well, personally I got it just for my kids to use their iPod touches while i'm driving---my money, my choice!  As for having to purchase a more expensive plan you need to realize that many of us came from a "smartphone" anyway and this didn't change our costs at all.  As for you saying At&t is looking better and better...............well go ahead and head on over there i'm sure they would be happy to have you.

0 Likes
bustedmagnet

I started this thread because I'm the type who likes to have the latest device. I'm sorry but you are sadly mistaken if you don't think the iPhone 5 is coming in June for Verizon. I didn't mean to cause anger over this thread. Just saying that if you are that type of person, you should've thought about it.

I also said previously that iPhone 5 would be dual cdma/gsm. Guess what? I was wrong, the Verizon iPhone 4 already is(disabled of course)! If that isn't evidence enough then I don't know what else to say other than lookout iPhone 5.

And to think, they are already talking about iPad 3 coming out this fall before iPad 2 is even announced. Oh brother, Apple rumors can get crazy.

0 Likes
lou61166
Contributor - Level 1

bustedmagnet wrote:

I started this thread because I'm the type who likes to have the latest device. I'm sorry but you are sadly mistaken if you don't think the iPhone 5 is coming in June for Verizon. I didn't mean to cause anger over this thread. Just saying that if you are that type of person, you should've thought about it.

I also said previously that iPhone 5 would be dual cdma/gsm. Guess what? I was wrong, the Verizon iPhone 4 already is(disabled of course)! If that isn't evidence enough then I don't know what else to say other than lookout iPhone 5.

And to think, they are already talking about iPad 3 coming out this fall before iPad 2 is even announced. Oh brother, Apple rumors can get crazy.

I agree with you,but some people like to waste money on mobile devices,and i thought spending 850 dollars to build a new PC was crazy since i will have to wait till intel fixes the bug in the Sandy bridge chip to build it.

0 Likes
mamarro
Contributor - Level 2

When it comes to the iPhone 5 (or whatever they are going to call it), I don't think that Verizon is actually going to get it in July like some people are saying.  I was talking to someone at the Apple Store, and they don't even think that Verizon will get it, only 4 months after they release this one; Verizon store reps that I deal with/trust don't think so either.  Of course no one knows for sure, but it would not make much sense for Verizon to relase one 4 months later than this one.  There will be a PR nightmare for Verizon/Apple if they do that.  Of course, on the other hand, people know what they are getting into before they buy this one, and you can never stay on top of technology, etc. as it happens all the time (especially with Android devices) that people buy a new phone, and then a few months later something "bigger/badder/better" comes along.  But, I don't see it happening with the iPhone, as it just would not be profitable in this case (given the circumstances for this iPhone and the subsidy, etc) for Verizon to do that.  Again, just an educated guess.

And, finally, I HIGHLY doubt that the new one in July is going to be a huge upgrade anyway.  I think it will be more like the 3G to 3GS upgrade.  You won't see a 4G phone, or a dual core processor in the phone until 2012.  Apple has historically not "jumped on" network technology when it first is released.  Heck, AT&T had their 3G network up and running a while, and had 3G phones out from other carriers, when the first iPhone came out, and it was not a 3G phone.  The 3G phone came the next year.  Apple likes to make sure the network technology is stable/tested (well - oops on AT&T's part there as it STILL ISN'T!) before they get in the game.  They also like to make sure the chipsets are better optimized, the battery performance is where it needs to be, etc.  Sure, Verizon has their 4G network up and running, and a 4G phone (the HTC Thunderbolt) coming in a couple weeks probably, but AT&T still doesn't even have a "true" 4G network up .  They are calling their HSPA+ a 4G network, but everyone knows that it is not!  If it is, why would they even bother to use LTE later this year/early next year?  So, with all that said, I don't see any way that the new iPhone in July (assuming there is one for someone) would be a 4G phone.

0 Likes
mpf189

When the iPhone 5 comes out, we can just sell our iPhone 4s (they will still go for a lot on eBay) and just use the money for the iPhone 5 if you want it that bad.

0 Likes
bustedmagnet

Remember, it's Verizon who needs Apple, not the other way around. Apple will dictate the iPhone 5 release in June, not Verizon. You are probably correct in your assumption that iPhone 5 will be a huge upgrade but that depends on what you consider a valuable upgrade.

Iphone 5 will have NFC support, more RAM, and a dual core processor. If you've used mobile Safari you know how frustrating it can be when you are constantly reloading your browser because of low memory. To me the performance upgrade alone makes it worth waiting for.

As for 4g support, the iPhone 5 will not be that phone. Remember how long Apple waited to get the 3g phone. It is also known that the iPhone 5 will work on Verizon and AT&T at the same time, because it does not make sense for them to make two different phones. Iphone 4 already proves that fact. The next iPhone will still be 3g.

0 Likes
mamarro
Contributor - Level 2

I still would say "IF" the iPhone 5 comes out when people think.  There is no guarantee that Apple will release it to anyone in July - sure they have in the past, but that was when their agreement with AT&T was exclusive.  It is not anymore, so no one really knows what is going to happen.  Sure, there are rumors out there, etc. but I am also sure that the phone is being developed now (heck, I am sure that the iPhone 6 is even in development) but who knows when they will actually release it?

Secondly, even if it does come out, as I said, I don't think it will come to Verizon right away.  And, if it does, Verizon MAY do some type of an early upgrade (as AT&T has done in the past) for those who bought this one, especially since it is only about 4 months after the release of this one.  They don't HAVE TO do it, but they MAY WANT TO just to try and "save face" a bit as far as some people are concerned.  I, for one though, don't think that they have to/should as everyone should know what the were buying when they bought it (and I am one that bought it).

0 Likes
mamarro
Contributor - Level 2

I don't think that it will be a dual core chip either.....I think that will come when the 4G comes.  There is no need for dual core chipset if the phone isn't going to be 4G.

0 Likes