Re: Why buying the Verizon iPhone is a mistake
AZSALUKI
Legend

it has come out every june......FOR AT&T. when has verizon ever got a new iphone in june? also....and i could be wrong....but are you all arguing over at&t and the iphone hotspot? i didn't think the at&t ip4 could even be used as a hotpspot???? am i wrong? the title is fine: "why buying the iphone is a mistake?" the reasons are just all wrong. No external memory, no flash support, no google commands, more expensinve than ANY other smart phone, and i could go on and on. hotspot though, has nothing to do with it. it is priced and works the same as every other verizon smartphone. by all means, go to another carrier as we are going to need all of the bendwidth that we can get with the iphone insurgence!!!!!! lol

0 Likes
dansamp

ya u can say wait till i phone 5 in june but then im sure in nov they will have iphone 6 so maybe i should of waited till iphone 6 or 7 or 8 or 9!!!  they are always going to keep coming out with a newer phone   like the droid then the droid 2 and the droid 2 global and envy then envy 2 then 3 and touch    so no matter what it doesnt matter  if you wait to get iphone 5 then in a couple months there will be a 6 or some crap thats just what happens they always do that 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I have my money that the iPhone 5 for Verizon won't happen until next year Febuary

Trend for the iPhone...  AT&T get's it first, then Most of Europe, then the CDMA versions come out.  China, and such...  This will be at least a 6 month process.

So by all means wait for the 5, and I will enjoy my 4 and wait for the 6.  I don't need the latest and greatest to stroke my ego.

0 Likes
alfieferenzo84

iphone 5 will be out in a few mo with a dual core, more ram, also on lte 4g, but there will also be the driod bionic coming out in a few mo with the same specs so now what lol

0 Likes
Louisiana

I have an ATT contract and Apple is in control of their image. My $$ is also on Apple not releasing a phone on Verizon network and within 4 months releasing another generation phone. They would have a bunch of angry Verizon iPhone owners. The first upgrade with Att was met with fierce anger by iPhone owners because when Apple released the next generation phone ATT was not going to allow current iPhone owners an early upgrade option. The public outcry fixed that in a jiffy and people that had bought the first gen phones on launch day were magically eligible for the next gen phones on launch day. I don't suspect Verizon would want the backlash of releasing iPhone 5 on their network 4 months after the launch of a newly designed device. Also, Apple would not want to upset their fan base by doing something like that. I figure (just my speculation) you will see June dates for ATT and February dates for Verizon. This way they can stagger the manufacturing and distribution peaks. Just my 2 cents.

0 Likes
bustedmagnet

So after doing more research and seeing more and more evidence of the iPhone 5 NOT being LTE, I went ahead and switched to Tmobile HTC MyTouch 4g which offers me free 4g tethering. In other words, it's the only data plan in existence where I can use the data as I please. I cannot wait for iPad 2 which I am sure will make for a happy marriage with my new android device.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

bustedmagnet wrote:

So after doing more research and seeing more and more evidence of the iPhone 5 NOT being LTE, I went ahead and switched to Tmobile HTC MyTouch 4g which offers me free 4g tethering. In other words, it's the only data plan in existence where I can use the data as I please. I cannot wait for iPad 2 which I am sure will make for a happy marriage with my new android device.

Nice FUD you are spreading around.

T-Mobile does not offer "free" wifi tethering.  They DO NOT allow tethering, but are switching to allow it with a tethering plan within the near future.

Also they have a 5GB "soft" cap where they will throttle you down if you go over.

Have fun and Good Luck.  I hope you are not one of those people in the T-Mobile boards complaining about this later on.  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
dougie011
Contributor - Level 2

I ordered the Iphone 4, and glad I did.  I got to keep my plan even though it isn't offered anymore.

0 Likes
irDigital0l

1. Just because the iPhone 5 is coming this summer does not mean that the iPhone 4 will suck.  It probably wont even be in 4G, same 3G as iPhone 4.  Expect a huge OS update rather than a major design change.

2. I dont care thats why Im not paying $20...

3. Its called a data plan, all smart phones have to have one.  Plus $30 = unlimited (Verizon) kicks $25 = 4GB (ATT)

0 Likes
Abi
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon might not get the iPhone 5 until months later though.  I have friends who are still using their iPhone 3.  Upgrading to the latest thing is not a priority for everyone.  I would hardly call the iPhone 4 an old device. I actually see the Verizon version as a new and improved model.  I usually use my phones for 2 plus years before I get sick of them or they die.

A good reason to buy now is that unlimited data plan. Who knows how long that is going to be around. I already pay the same price for my Blackberry now so it is not an issue.  The iPhone is also better suited for my business.

0 Likes